The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Has anyone Expirience with disassemble an Console Frame ?
Old 16th May 2006
Gear Nut

Has anyone Expirience with disassemble an Console Frame ?

HI fellows !

its very hard for me to find an Console ( Analogue ! ) which has the right Sound, good components, and unfortunately- in my Case very improtant- which i get thru the very narrow Downstairs to my Studio !

Many Times the Budget was avaiable for a good second Hand Console ... but my Stairs allows only 1,8meters, maybe 2, to get arround ...

So one more Time i had the chance to buy an ADT MT5 Console ( 2,66 Meters Frame ) The onlyist chance i have is to Disassemble The Frame ... ( after al Modules are taken out-ofcourse ! )

Can somebody tell me some Expierience with Disassembling Frames ?
What is very important ? is the Risk to high ? is it actualy no Big Deal ?
Does i need a Special Tecnician ?

unfortunately im more Musician as Tecnician, im not realy into that circuit and Electro Service Stuff ...

I am very grateful for all tips and support!

PEACE
Old 16th May 2006
Led
Lives for gear

Depends on the design of the console..have you got a photo? I pulled a 2.6 desk down to 1.8 at the longest piece. The top frame/module bay came off and the subframe came apart into smaller bits. The producers desk and the patchbay came off each end as well. Eptying it off modules and taking the top and side cheeks off it dopped the weight down a lot too but we still needed 4 guys to lift it around a tight corner.
Old 17th May 2006
Gear Nut

Thx Led for your Answer !

No, im still waiting for Photos and a call from there Tecnician for more Details ...

I still hoping that there is a way to get this Console down ... maybe i build a Dummy of Wood ( just the Frame Dimensions )to check how to twist and angle the Frame around ... stupid thing with the Downstairs trouble, i could kick myself ... lol

with which Console did you fight the Stairs War ?

greetz
Old 17th May 2006
Gear Nut

Hi Sensenel,

We had a similar problem with our console, its 2.5m long and needed to go round some quite awkward turns. Fortunately the frame split into three parts and we could move the seperate sections more easily.

The frame for our console works by two U shaped rails bolted to 3 hefty legs - the main console sections are then screwed onto the two rails.

Sorry about the pic, its not great but you can get the idea...

I guess most frame designs are different and our console is all digital so I'm sure there are many differences in the assembly, but I hope this helps you slightly!
Old 17th May 2006
Gear Nut

chop chop chop

Maybe a bit off topic, but when I bought my neotek series 3 it had an extra (almost) 3 feet of producer's desk on the right side. The thing was like 10 feet long. Well, my only condition for buying it from the seller was "OK, I'll buy this thing if you let me chop it down here before I take it home".
I basically had to perform a surgery in which I literally chopped off the producers desk and reattached the shnazzy oak end panel. This required taking this 600lb. desk (at least) off of its steel lags, jacking it up on masonry blocks and putting a sawzall and a jigsaw to the aluminum and wooden crossbeams which hold all the modules in place!
Suffice it to say, I was a liiiiiiitle worried about putting a powered blade to my new console (which I have not even brought home yet), but as you can see (if I can post the pic) the final product was well worth it.

Good luck with it.

Sasha

ps ok, files are too large. Let me know if you're interested and I'll shrink them down and post.
Old 17th May 2006
Pat
Gear Addict

I own a ADT 5MTS 48 channels and I'm sure that you won't be able
to dissassemble the Frame. Call ADT if there is a possibility.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search