The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Need Help With Apogee AD/DA 16X
Old 16th May 2006
Gear Head

Need Help With Apogee AD/DA 16X

Hi There...I bought Apogee AD/DA 16X convertors and I bought a RME DSP AES-32
along with 2 Dsud to Dsub digital cables....is anybody using this RME card with the16X's? I choosed the card because you don't loose channels running 96/192..
The store that I bought it from said I will need to go to Lynx 16 card...I am running a PC...I need help and this is the best place to get it...I called RME and Apogee and I can't get any answers...the problem is the 2 Dsubs out of the RME card is 8 in 8 out on each Dsub and the 16x is 16 in and 16 out on each Dsub..
Thank You
Jim

Old 16th May 2006
Lives for gear

Sounds like you just need a very complicated snake. Apogee sells them. Call and ask again.

JSL
Old 16th May 2006
Lives for gear

You could also use the DSUB to XLR "fan-out" cables, one set from each of the two manufacturers, so you can patch any XLR out to any XLR in. This can also make it more convenient to temporarily patch in some outboard gear that has AES I/O.

DP
Old 16th May 2006
Gear Maniac

The Lynx card does "two-wire" DSUB, which is what you need to use in this instance. Although it might make a little more sense to get the Firewire cards for the Apogees.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search