The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Tracking Mpc with Api 512c
Old 15th May 2006
Gear Nut

Tracking Mpc with Api 512c

Do I use mic input or instrument input when tracking Drum machines or keyboards.
Please give reason why.
Old 15th May 2006
Lives for gear

Instrument. The output of the the drum machines and keyboards are not at mic level.
Old 15th May 2006
Gear Nut

Thanks
Old 15th May 2006
Lives for gear

But you can get a DI box and plug the MPC into it, then the DI box into the 512c. In case you want to go through the transformer.

I like the BSS 133 D.I. for that kind of thing.
Old 15th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by max cooper
But you can get a DI box and plug the MPC into it, then the DI box into the 512c. In case you want to go through the transformer.

I like the BSS 133 D.I. for that kind of thing.

That's also true, but not the original question, which is why I didn't bring it up. Still a valid point though.
Old 16th May 2006
Gear Nut

What sound quality will I get from the transformers? Thats what I'm tring to find out.
Old 16th May 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevusmusic
What sound quality will I get from the transformers? Thats what I'm tring to find out.
It's not going to be a huge difference... But, a difference nonetheless. You will get a slight bit more noise and distortion, but also some additional character from passing through the transformer as well as whatever characteristics the DI you use might impart on the signal.

They're cheap enough to try for yourself and see how you like it. You might prefer it one way for some things and the other way for a different sound on other things.
Old 16th May 2006
Gear Nut

Thanks again guys!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search