The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Harrison PP1 Console 500 Series Preamps
Old 17th November 2016
Opamp choices were very limited when these were built. There are far more choices today. The LME series work fine in the Harrison's I've installed them in as the fusing resistors bring the 18 volt rails down to 17 volts.

AD8599, OPA1612 are other good dual opamps. Use a Brown Dog adaptor to fit quad layouts.
Old 19th November 2016
Here for the gear

A tip about old Harrison input modules.

Sometimes an input module will have 60 Hz hum (50 Hz in Europe) on the bench. The hum goes away when you put it back in the console and "button it up".

Replace the glass bead diodes with ones having black plastic cases. They are photosensitive, and will pick up your fluorescent light.
Old 19th November 2016
Here for the gear

Looking more closely at the pictures, there are a lot of mods from the original design. I had been wondering how moving faders could be integrated with the input module digital control system, it seemed impossible. It must have been, for it seems that the digital board with all of my software has been replaced with one that says "Uptown",
Old 20th November 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAGsundaram View Post
Looking more closely at the pictures, there are a lot of mods from the original design. I had been wondering how moving faders could be integrated with the input module digital control system, it seemed impossible. It must have been, for it seems that the digital board with all of my software has been replaced with one that says "Uptown",
The 22ch sidecar PP1 console I had came from Warner Brothers. A tech @ Harrison told me Jim Williams himself did some mods to that board when it was in service @ WB. Perhaps he added the automation? It definitely had Uptown PCB's and Uptown logos on each channel strip.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search