The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
RMS 755 - EQ 2NV - Pend Audio OCL-2 example
Old 13th May 2006
Lives for gear

RMS 755 - EQ 2NV - Pend Audio OCL-2 example

Good day folks,

I was foolin around today with a quickie mix of a song we're producing (most tracks aren't recorded/mixed yet) and I decided to strap a few comps/eq's on the buss.

So... here's an example of the RMS 755 super stereo comp pulling around 2.5-3db then to the GR EQ-2NV for shine and finalized through the Pendulum Audio OCL-2 for limiter.

these setting were done quickly but you can hear what these units can do.

This is just a test so plz don't judge the mix...

So for those in search of mixbuss comps, hope this helps for examples.

I'll grab a section of the unprocessed song to A/B the mix.

Jason
Old 14th May 2006
Lives for gear

Clean, warm... Yummy..
Nice job.. Any info on how they were tracked and what gear you used would be cool as well.

How about some before/after mixbuss goodness.???

Thanks..
Old 14th May 2006
Lives for gear

sure... I'll have an A/B mp3 up soon.

drums tracked in 10X10 room kick is 52 - MP2NV - EQ2NV - distressor, snare is 56 - MP2NV - EQ2NV - distressor, toms API3124 URS N series, Overheads - KM184's - VT737's - RMS755 after avalon EQ's, hats TILM103 - TC electronic Gold channel... ride is some peavey condenser mic through the TC elec.

acoustic is Soundelux U99 through API, UAD 1176N, with REN EQ for HP filter (when mixing, I'm sure the EQ2NV will kick ass here)

Piano is midi
bass is midi
violin is midi.

I find the RMS comp to be super clean and really great for glueing things together but not leaving a strong mark... I can pull the mix back 5db without really noticing a pumpin effect.. This compressor kicks ass... and the OCL-2 well... I don't have to tell you much about that one. It's an icing on the cake compressor IMO.

Jason
Old 15th May 2006
Lives for gear

I especially like the hihat... It has a nice smooth top end on it.. Not harsh one bit. Really fits the song.. Tlm 103.. I have one, next time I may use it on the hat instead of a sm57..

I guess you are diggin that EQ by GR huh?

I have the mp2nv.. That eq looks sick.
Old 15th May 2006
Lives for gear

actually I'd say 85% of that hat sound is coming from the overheads ( KM184's )... But yes I like the TLM 103 on hats. It adds more depth and power when panning.

the EQ2NV is a sure shot.

Jason

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search