The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Are your final mixes stored in your Masterlink or ITB??
Old 12th May 2006
Lives for gear

Are your final mixes stored in your Masterlink or ITB??

The way I have my studio configured at the moment gves me the choice. I'm currently mixing down outside the box through an Audient Sumo analog summing unit which has the digital output card option installed so i can send the mix directly into my Masterlink via AES port. I also have the option of sending the Sumo's output either via its analog out into my Lynx Aurora 16/AES-16 combination back into my Nuenedo-based DAW or the Sumo's digital out directly into the Lynx AES-16 card in my DAW.

What are those of you with similar equipment doing? Are you relying totally on the Masterlink for storage, storing in your DAW or a combination of both? ....and why?
Old 13th May 2006
Lives for gear

Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by limey222
The way I have my studio configured at the moment gves me the choice. I'm currently mixing down outside the box through an Audient Sumo analog summing unit which has the digital output card option installed so i can send the mix directly into my Masterlink via AES port. I also have the option of sending the Sumo's output either via its analog out into my Lynx Aurora 16/AES-16 combination back into my Nuenedo-based DAW or the Sumo's digital out directly into the Lynx AES-16 card in my DAW.

What are those of you with similar equipment doing? Are you relying totally on the Masterlink for storage, storing in your DAW or a combination of both? ....and why?
C'mon it is the weekend , someone must have time to answer
Old 13th May 2006
Lives for gear

All my final mixes are stored in my Masterlink ...... my typical final mix setup is Nuendo out into Neotek console....stereo buss out of Neotek into Smart C2 then into Avalon 747 then into Manley Massive Passive then into Apogee AD 16 at 96K via AES into Masterlink..........then make both a 96/24 backup copy on CDR and also a 16/44.1 copy as a backup. I have had zero promblem with my ML (knock on wood).....hope this helps.

Ron Florentine
Soundswest Studio
Old 13th May 2006
Gear Addict

I keep my mastered mixes in ProTools LE at 24/48 and record the entire album to the Masterlink at 16/44.1 through analog. This removes the need for dithering. I then cut up the songs in the masterlink ready to burn (No processing with the masterlink!). Also make a Masterlink backup disk (AIFF) for safety's sake.

I've tried the digital into the masterlink with a 44.1/16 bounced session and I think the extra D/A => A/D is just a bit cleaner for some reason. Maybe I just need to get better at dithering (actually, there is very little high freq in the source, so no need).

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search