The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Clean, arpeggiated guitar on King's X "Stay"
Old 12th May 2006
Lives for gear

Clean, arpeggiated guitar on King's X "Stay"

Michael, I was wondering if you might enlighten me to some of the gear used for this... it's such a unique tone and it works perfectly for those arpeggios that he's doing on the verses. BTW, I absolutely love this record. There's some seriously great songs on here and the whole thing sounds freakin' sweet... Stay, If, Freedom, etc. are all great... the whole thing rules. Nice job.
Old 12th May 2006
Lives for gear

My guess:

dUg fished out his 12-string bass and tracked it as a guitar?
Old 13th May 2006
Lives for gear

Beats me... it sounds cool whatever it is.
Old 13th May 2006
High End Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobby12
Michael, I was wondering if you might enlighten me to some of the gear used for this... it's such a unique tone and it works perfectly for those arpeggios that he's doing on the verses. BTW, I absolutely love this record. There's some seriously great songs on here and the whole thing sounds freakin' sweet... Stay, If, Freedom, etc. are all great... the whole thing rules. Nice job.
Matt
That is Ty's Yamaha drop 6 guitar with the volume turned back. We used the Randall MTS series "Top Boost" (VOX) module on this. The effect is a chorus/leslie from the Kurzweil KSP-8.Ty doubled the track pefectly, which gives it even more of a chorusy sound
Old 14th May 2006
Lives for gear

Thanks Michael...

I presume Ty double-tracked the arpeggios an octave up?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search