The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Summing Box shootout
Old 10th May 2006
Lives for gear

Summing Box shootout

I checked out this one guys review on a couple of summing boxes. Are his comments inline with some of your experiences as far as the different units and their characteristics? I am putting together a new studio and was thinking about some other options. I currently have an API and think it sounds great but is a little too colored and i do not think it is easy to recall if needed. The Neve is very appealing due to its ability to interface with the g5 for recalls. Do any other boxes offer instant recall? I haven't found many comments about how the neve actually sounds. Anybody? Anybody? Is the review on the SPL accurate?
Old 10th May 2006
Gear Addict

Sound is no objective criteria

If you´re putting together a whole new studio, I guess the best thing would be to check all the boxes that have the right featureset for your work yourself. You know, I more and more get the feeling that talking about sound is like ****ing for virginity. tutt

I think a forum like this is good to get an overview over what gear does suck and what is quite good actually. You know, things like customer service, build quality, featureset and usability you can discuss all day. But when it comes to sound there are so many things to consider that you simply cannot nail it with words. Also you might be disappointed when buying stuff only on someone elses opinion. IMO the only time it does work is when people upload SOUND examples. Check it out and hear it yourself !

Slutz don´t be mad at me That´s just my $ 0.02

Regards,
Bill

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search