The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ADAM S2 or ATC SLM20ASL
Old 9th May 2006
Lives for gear

ADAM S2 or ATC SLM20ASL

Hi all - I have to place an order tonight... I cant pick which of these to go with. No other options and for multiple user in a 4m x 3.8m room! These will form the nice but useable side of the equation.
Votes please.....
Old 9th May 2006
Lives for gear

well I love the S2-As and would love to audition the SCM20ASLs. So my vote is for ADAM just because I know they are great from personal experience. The ATCs might be superior -- they are more expensive (2x more) of course, but I can't really comment since I have not used them.

j.d.
Old 9th May 2006
Gear Addict

ATC ATC ATC ATC... Dark Side of the Moon... ATC
Old 10th May 2006
Gear Addict

I listened to both, prefered the S2As and bought them. All ribbons are not created equal, and there's more to the monitor than just thr driver.

No chance you can listen to both and then decide? Monitors are such a personal choice, not the kind of thing one should do over the interweb.
Old 10th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by synthetic
I listened to both, prefered the S2As and bought them. All ribbons are not created equal, and there's more to the monitor than just thr driver.

No chance you can listen to both and then decide? Monitors are such a personal choice, not the kind of thing one should do over the interweb.
Unfortunately not- but these are not for my room- they are to go in a college studio that I have spec'd up for them but when I asked what monitoring they wanted they couldn't decide between theese two - I am left to decide... I have heard but not used the ADAMs and like them- but I don't know the ATC and need to get the order done.

I think I will go for the ADAM as at least I know what to expect from them! Keep the comments coming though - it's not done yet!
Old 11th May 2006
Lives for gear

I'd love to shoot out these two. I have the ATC 20's. I'd like to find a pair of the S2's around here (Austin TX) since I keep hearing such good things about them.

Anyone?
Old 11th May 2006
Lives for gear

Well- I went for the Adams- I can reasign the budget difference so everyones a winner!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search