The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Great River EQ-2NV on 2-buss?
Old 27th June 2006
Lives for gear

anyone else wanna chime in?
Old 27th June 2006
Gear Nut
I have had mine for about 5 months. I absolutly love it on 2 buss, vocal and drums..... some people here say the top is pinched. I feel its extreamly detiled and will open up a mix in a beutiful way.......I love the 10k....... and the 56 will give a nice solid low end without clouding the bottom end.

The top end controls are very sensitive ( a little goes a long way) but the low end you can push!....... thats my opinion..give it a try!
Old 25th June 2009
Gear Maniac

I'm interested to see if anyone could compare this to the mini massive for versatility?

Would I be able to get that sparkle on a 2-bus of an EWQL orchestra score?
Old 25th June 2009
I love the EQ2NV over my mix buss. Especially when using it with the Transformer outputs of the MP2NV. I tend to use the EQ2NV in the context of my mix way more, but I do use it there, even when the MAQ-2NV is right above it. That beast is like no other!! The Mini Massive will be more broad stroke EQ, perhaps a little cooler than the 2NV for mastering the stereo mix with high and low tweaks only. Its really a stellar unit for many applications. It has "pultec-like" fatness in the bottom, and sweet, glorious atmospheric top end. Its the same High and Low band shelving filters as the MP without the tubes. The IRON in this thing sounds incredible!!
Old 25th June 2009
Gear Nut

Speaking of Transformer outputs, I have both EQ2NV and MP2NV, but they are in different racks now and therefore not plugged into each other through the back patch 1/4" (for those not familiar with these models, each has two 1/4" patch holes to interface with one another). So my question is, is it possible to take advantage MP2NV's transformers while using EQ2NV by daisy chaining both units through the patchbay, i.e., I/O of each unit instead of patching them through the designated patch holes? As for running a long TR cable, I was worried that it might get noisy seeing as it's not TRS (balanced). Any thoughts?

Rouslan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Mixwell View Post
I love the EQ2NV over my mix buss. Especially when using it with the Transformer outputs of the MP2NV.
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmatt View Post
I'm interested to see if anyone could compare this to the mini massive for versatility?

Would I be able to get that sparkle on a 2-bus of an EWQL orchestra score?
buy better reverb instead

Old 26th June 2009
member no 666

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouslan View Post
Speaking of Transformer outputs, I have both EQ2NV and MP2NV, but they are in different racks now and therefore not plugged into each other through the back patch 1/4" (for those not familiar with these models, each has two 1/4" patch holes to interface with one another). So my question is, is it possible to take advantage MP2NV's transformers while using EQ2NV by daisy chaining both units through the patchbay, i.e., I/O of each unit instead of patching them through the designated patch holes? As for running a long TR cable, I was worried that it might get noisy seeing as it's not TRS (balanced). Any thoughts?

Rouslan
Put them in the same rack... or bring the insert points up on patch points. The way to get the full versatility of the combination of the units is through the insert point [it was designed that way for a reason!!].

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search