The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Colortone to Portico 5042
Old 9th May 2006
Gear Addict

Colortone to Portico 5042

I try the Colortone Pro Demo Plugin for a week, it's really interestin. It have 15IPS and 30IPS, Tape Emulation.
I am also interestin about Hardware Portico 5042, but I would like to know 5042 just color the Tone/Sound or can improve the sound quality a lot either?
What the 5042 LINE DRIVER mean? Line preamp?

Any one have both Colortone and 5042? How you compare these two Effect?
If 5042 just color the sound, I think I will pass it for other stuff.

P.S. FATSO is interestin too, but I think little over price to me.

Thanks for help
Old 10th May 2006
Gear Addict

Old 10th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyi
Any one have both Colortone and 5042? How you compare these two Effect?
If 5042 just color the sound, I think I will pass it for other stuff.

Thanks for help
Just Go to Tritone Digital website and ask Salvator (developer) as he has both and really loves the 5042.

I have heard such good reports about the Portico 5042 that I think I am going to buy one, I also have Colortone Pro and use the tape convo's - they are very nice for softening the 'edge' on tracks, but I would really like to try the Portico 5042 strapped across the 2 buss.
Old 10th May 2006
Lives for gear

Plugins are a great tool, and I've been using them successfully for a long time now. (And continue to use and purchase them) But IMO they simply don't sound as good as hardware. Maybe one day...

I recently played a mix for my brother in law, with a pseudo plugin mastering buss. I then switched over to a quick pseudo hardware mastering buss and was curious if an average everyday listener would be able to hear the difference. He was blown away. He said the plugins mix sounded cheap and unprofessional compared to the hardware mix.

He now understands why I spend so much money on gear. I told him I blame all of you on Gearslutz for my addiction.

YMMV
Old 10th May 2006
Gear Addict

Thanks guys, it's time to save more $$$~

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search