The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
TG2 or PRESONUS ADL600 for OVERHEADS
Old 9th May 2006
Lives for gear

TG2 or PRESONUS ADL600 for OVERHEADS

Have to make a choice---and i have read alot. Do i go with a tg2 or adl600 for overhead pre's. Im going to be using km84's and mostly doing rock stuff.

Thanks for your opinions
Old 9th May 2006
Dot
Lives for gear

MREVOL, not that there's anything wrong with them, but how;d you arrive at those two very different pres out of all the choices?

From listening to your tracks at myspace, I'd actually recommend a Sebatron vmp-2000e. The reason being is that I can hear the room you have coming through the drum tracks, and the acoustics in the room obviously aren't optimal. The Sebatron has sort of softening effect and does a really good job of tempering harsh transients and deemphasizing the room.

Check out track #4 at http://www.thelisteningsessions.com/session7.htm where there's a pair of 184's running through a Sebatron on rock drum OH's.

And the good news to your wallet is that the vmp-2000e runs under $1300.

http://www.sebatron.com

My 2¢.
Old 9th May 2006
Gear Addict

I have an ADL and use it on drums as much as possible. If you check out my website, there is a song by "Karen Fisher" that was recorded with the ADL and API's. On this project, I used the ADL for Kick drum and was blown away. I also used it for acoustics, Vocals, Bass, Mandalin, Dorbo, and Resonator.

I have recently been tracking another band and I used the adl on OH's. All I can say is Wow!! Every detail of the drumset came through so well. I couldn't ask for better drum sounds. If you want to listen to that song, PM me.
Old 9th May 2006
I use my adl 600 all the time for either overheads or room mics. With the KM 84's
set the mic impendance selector to 300 ohms. BTW they are also killer for room mics.
or vocal or guitar or using the line level for fattening up something.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search