The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Question about the Neve 8816
Old 10th February 2012
  #1
Here for the gear
 

Question about the Neve 8816

All retailers list this piece as 16x2 however I see the back of the unit has outputs via DB25. Now the DB25 cable obviously carries more than 2 channels so whats the deal with that?

My main point is, I want to know if its possible to run audio out from a DAW, into one of the channels on the NEVE 8816 and back into that same channel on the DAW, using the NEVE as an insert rather than a tool for the final mix or master
Old 10th February 2012
  #2
Lives for gear
 
Lipps's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQE View Post
All retailers list this piece as 16x2 however I see the back of the unit has outputs via DB25. Now the DB25 cable obviously carries more than 2 channels so whats the deal with that?

My main point is, I want to know if its possible to run audio out from a DAW, into one of the channels on the NEVE 8816 and back into that same channel on the DAW, using the NEVE as an insert rather than a tool for the final mix or master
Umm...

A look at the PDF manual located at the Neve site will answer all.
Old 10th February 2012
  #3
Here for the gear
 

Umm...

Thanks.
Old 10th February 2012
  #4
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipps View Post
Umm...

A look at the PDF manual located at the Neve site will answer all.
What a below the belt answer. Anyway..... it's a lot of DB25's - a factor to consider as that is quite an expense for mogami for certain.

Connector 5 - Balanced Main Outputs
Main Mix Left Output
Main Mix Right Output
Monitor Main Speaker Left Output
Monitor Main Speaker Right Output
Monitor Alternate Speaker Left Output
Monitor Alternate Speaker Right Output
Cue Left Output
Cue Right Output

Plus ALT Spk, Main Speaker and Mix -- all L and R outs on 1/4 TRS
Connector 4 โ€“ Balanced Insert Inputs
Pre Fade Insert Left Return
Pre Fade Insert Right Return
Insert Mix Left Return
Insert Mix Right Return
2 Track Left Return
2 Track Right Return
2 Track Left Bus Input
2 Track Right Bus Input

Connector 3 โ€“ Balanced Insert Outputs
8 Pre Fade Insert Left Send
7 Pre Fade Insert Right Send`
6 Insert Mix Left Send
5 Insert Mix Right Send
4 Aux Bus Send
3-
2-
Old 10th February 2012
  #5
Lives for gear
 
Lipps's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by piano View Post
What a below the belt answer. Anyway..... it's a lot of DB25's - a factor to consider as that is quite an expense for mogami for certain.

Connector 5 - Balanced Main Outputs
Main Mix Left Output
Main Mix Right Output
Monitor Main Speaker Left Output
Monitor Main Speaker Right Output
Monitor Alternate Speaker Left Output
Monitor Alternate Speaker Right Output
Cue Left Output
Cue Right Output

Plus ALT Spk, Main Speaker and Mix -- all L and R outs on 1/4 TRS
Connector 4 โ€“ Balanced Insert Inputs
Pre Fade Insert Left Return
Pre Fade Insert Right Return
Insert Mix Left Return
Insert Mix Right Return
2 Track Left Return
2 Track Right Return
2 Track Left Bus Input
2 Track Right Bus Input

Connector 3 โ€“ Balanced Insert Outputs
8 Pre Fade Insert Left Send
7 Pre Fade Insert Right Send`
6 Insert Mix Left Send
5 Insert Mix Right Send
4 Aux Bus Send
3-
2-
He could have copy&pasted that from the manual, same way you did. If that's "below the belt then GS needs more "below the belt" answers.

Sorry to hi jack. Back to topic.
Old 3rd August 2020
  #6
Gear Head
 

Question about outputs? I have noticed that my 8816 had its left and right output swapped, has anyone has this problem? When I go to my patchbay I have to send the left output to the right input of my daw for my panning to be normal. Help anyone? Is there a jumper I need to switch?
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 246 views: 133958
Avatar for animix
animix 20th February 2020
replies: 55 views: 19524
Avatar for sergioelectro
sergioelectro 14th February 2015
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
๐Ÿ–จ๏ธ Show Printable Version
โœ‰๏ธ Email this Page
๐Ÿ” Search thread
๐ŸŽ™๏ธ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump