The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
UA 2192 / AD-16X : Which master clock ?...
Old 7th May 2006
Gear Addict

UA 2192 / AD-16X : Which master clock ?...

Hi guys,

I've just bought the AD-16X and the UA 2192 as my new set of converters and, of course, my growing gearslutz freak side wonders which of both master clocks I should use - from what I read on this forum, they're obviously both very reliable clocks, but I'd be curious to know if someone has compared them before...

If not, I'll test them pretty soon and try to find out if there is any noticeable difference to my ears...

Y'all have a good day !...

Olivier.
Old 7th May 2006
Lives for gear

I'm also very interested
Old 8th May 2006
Gear Addict

Anyone ?...
Old 15th May 2006
Lives for gear

I'd just try both clocks as master and see which one sounds the best to you. My money is on the Apogee.
Old 15th May 2006
Lives for gear

From what I've researched, the AD 16x and DA 16x (which I'm gonna buy soon) use the same clock as the Big Ben.
Old 15th May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump Music
From what I've researched, the AD 16x and DA 16x (which I'm gonna buy soon) use the same clock as the Big Ben.

Yes the 777 clock and I would bet that is the better of the two (AD16X and the UA 2192 ) but I have never tried the UA 2192 so don't hold me to that. Yes try both and see what your ears tell you but without a hearing each I would shoot for the Apogee as the master.... others might disagree.
Old 16th May 2006
Gear Addict

Thank you guys for the replies, I will soon try to experiment both clocks as master and post back what I can hear...

Old 16th May 2006
Lives for gear

My 2192 does a fine job of leading the way! Looking forward to your findings!
Old 3rd June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly
Thank you guys for the replies, I will soon try to experiment both clocks as master and post back what I can hear...

Grizzly, any reports yets?

thanks,
AA
Old 3rd June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly

my money's on the apogee also...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search