The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Audinc EQ-HFB4 "Velvet Boost"?
Old 5th May 2006
Lives for gear
Audinc EQ-HFB4 "Velvet Boost"?

Just picked one of these up pretty cheap; what do people think about this box? Any users out there?

I've used one of them once, liked it a lot, so jumped at the eBay auction as it was under $500 for a stereo 'q.
Old 28th June 2006
Gear Addict

This was a cutom eq made by John Schmitt who I believe worked at Universal Recording in Chicago. It's a nice piece and there are only a handful of these around. Don't know where John is these days or what he's up to, I haven't seen him for many years. I think he made these in the late 80's or early 90's.
Old 28th November 2016
Lives for gear
Resurrecting this thread. I still have this EQ, it's great; just curious if anyone has any information about it? Schematics? Is it transformer-based? Made to model some other EQ?
Old 28th November 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejook View Post
Resurrecting this thread. I still have this EQ, it's great; just curious if anyone has any information about it? Schematics? Is it transformer-based? Made to model some other EQ?
See my reply above, the answer is still the same unfortunately.
Old 28th November 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tousana View Post
See my reply above, the answer is still the same unfortunately.
FINE! I'll wait *another* decade and then ask you again

(got any contact info for Mr. Schmitt by any chance?)
Old 3rd January 2018
Here for the gear

I also have one of these and am having some issues with it but have no idea of who to contact or where to begin. The left channel's frequencies are about 200 Hz lower than the values labeled. I'm assuming for all of the values to be lower, something blew out before the resistors or capacitors that determine each frequency value but it'd be nice to talk to someone who knows about this beautiful piece!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search