The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Re-amping devices Direct Injection & Re-amp Boxes
Old 15th July 2013
Lives for gear
Bought the Radial X amp. Got two of them. Fantastic purchase.
Old 16th July 2013
If you're in the UK, this is a great option, though he calls it an amp interface. Only £50 and has level control, polarity rev, ground lift and a combi input connector which is a nice touch.

http://www.orchid-electronics.co.uk/Amp_Interface.htm

I have a few bits of their stuff and it's very well made and excellent value, if a little plain looking (nothing wrong with that really).
Old 16th July 2013
t4d
Gear Head

abit shocked to see the LittleLabs IBP is around $350 plus
for that money you can get a Avid Eleven Rack ( for under $400 NEW on ebay ) with reamp workflow and well full amp sim and lots more
Old 24th July 2013
Gear Nut

Tk Audio - Tranceiver 19' rack is also worth mentioning.
Great priced and superfunctional 4ch reamp/DI/etc for multichannel uses and endless combinations of effectchains and amps.
Old 12th August 2013
Here for the gear
I am also verry happy with Palmer Da Cappo ,it also has variable impedance control and is not so expensive.
Old 4th August 2015
Lives for gear
I have an Eventide Pitchfactor that should, in theory, work as a reamp box. And in stereo! One concern I have is whether this would involve a pass through the Eventide's converters, even when the effects are off.

Does anyone know? The schematics are no help.
Thanks!
Old 4th August 2015
Lives for gear

I believe Dave Pensado has been using a Two Notes Torpedo Reload on a few recent projects.

dB
Old 5th August 2015
Gear Maniac

You might wanna try the Reddi by a designs it sounds great .
Old 5th August 2015
Lives for gear
It does look like the MW1 has come down in price if you do factory direct.

Creation Audio Labs

I've never had the privilege of using one, but I was gobsmacked by the demo.
Old 6th August 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob G View Post
... both a very high end and high quality re-amp output but also a high quality DI to bring the re-amped signals that are just going through pedals back into my Neve mic preamps with a really high quality DI?
Rupert Neve DI does both
Old 1st June 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob G View Post
I am looking to re-amp through pedals and guitar/bass amps for recording and mixing applications and am also wondering if there are any units that include both a very high end and high quality re-amp output but also a high quality DI to bring the re-amped signals that are just going through pedals back into my Neve mic preamps with a really high quality DI?

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFOC View Post
Rupert Neve DI does both
What? Does the RNDI really provide a reamp output? I don't think so but i'll be glad if I'm wrong.
Old 1st June 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808KickDrum View Post
I have an Eventide Pitchfactor that should, in theory, work as a reamp box. And in stereo! One concern I have is whether this would involve a pass through the Eventide's converters, even when the effects are off.

Does anyone know? The schematics are no help.
Thanks!
you can set it for true bypass, it's in the manual. I have a mod factor set that way. But for reamping I use a Little Labs redeye.
Old 1st June 2016
Gear Nut

RNDI: Rupert Neve DI

"In instrument mode, the RNDI’s high input headroom of +21.5dBU is capable of handling not only instruments, but professional, line level sources like interfaces, CD players and drum machines without a pad. This allows the RNDI to serve as a way to “Re-Preamp” any previously recorded track using your interface and a desired pre-amp. To do this, simply connect a channel output of the interface to the input of the RNDI and connect the RNDI’s output to the preamp and engage 48V. By “Re-Preamping” you can apply the tone of another preamp to the source and more accurately automate or control the drive level on the preamp."

I havent tried it to be honest, but I did like how the RNDI sounded in speaker mode off the output of my trace elliot v6
Old 1st June 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFOC View Post
RNDI: Rupert Neve DI

"In instrument mode, the RNDI’s high input headroom of +21.5dBU is capable of handling not only instruments, but professional, line level sources like interfaces, CD players and drum machines without a pad. This allows the RNDI to serve as a way to “Re-Preamp” any previously recorded track using your interface and a desired pre-amp. To do this, simply connect a channel output of the interface to the input of the RNDI and connect the RNDI’s output to the preamp and engage 48V. By “Re-Preamping” you can apply the tone of another preamp to the source and more accurately automate or control the drive level on the preamp."

I havent tried it to be honest, but I did like how the RNDI sounded in speaker mode off the output of my trace elliot v6
You haven't tried reamping with it, yet you -sort of- recommend it as one of the best currently available reamping devices (as of january 2012)? No hard feelings, but that's not very cool, IMO.
As I understand it, the RNDI is just a (great sounding, and innovative) DI, but it's not meant for reamping. You can "re-preamp" with it, because it accepts a wide range of levels, but what it outputs is not what an instrument amplifier expects. It outputs a "mic signal" at the back of the device, and it just passes through whatever signal it receives at the "thru" port. Is this not true? Could someone in the know confirm that? I'm looking at reampers cause I want to experiment with reamping, into a Peavey Studio Pro 110 -certainly not the greatest guitar amp but still better than just a DI, a mic pre and a computer IMO- and I happen to have an RNDI, so if I can actually use it to feed the Peavey, well then, thanks JFOC.

EDIT: btw, the Avedis MD7, which I'm looking into, does just what the OP asked for, AFAIK. Haven't tried it though
Old 1st June 2016
I've had success with the Radial X amp. That being said with the radial and it's counterparts a clean source of power is a must as they seem to be quite sensitive to any ground loops/interference in my experience.
Old 1st June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuro View Post
EDIT: btw, the Avedis MD7, which I'm looking into, does just what the OP asked for, AFAIK.
Very old thread.

+1! As everything done by Avedis: it rules big time!

Cheu
Old 1st June 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by neuro View Post
but it's not meant for reamping. You can "re-preamp" with it, because it accepts a wide range of levels, but what it outputs is not what an instrument amplifier expects. It outputs a "mic signal" at the back of the device, and it just passes through whatever signal it receives at the "thru" port. Is this not true? Could someone in the know confirm that?
Confirmed
Old 2nd June 2016
Gear Maniac

Thanks Zeppelin, and cheu78, yes, old thread: I clicked it cause it showed up as a "Moderator Thread Pick"

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search