The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Amek Rembrandt
Old 23rd January 2012
Gear Head

Amek Rembrandt

I am trying to calibrate the faders to the supertrue software , I did this once before but cant for the life of me remember how i did it. Not sure is i had to run something from the dos prompt??? not sure ....
Old 23rd January 2012
Lives for gear

Hi
It is in the \suprtrue\system\ directory IIRC. Possibly under 'setup'.
Why do you want to recalibrate the faders / VCAs, have you changed any?
There is a possible problem in that the cal procedure in some revisions has a minor 'hiccup' if you try to calibrate short and long faders all at once so you must do one then the other as for some reason it 'stores' a blank file.
If you do manage to 'break' it, if you delete the faders.cal file or better, rename it to something like (faders.old) it will automatically revert to an internally preset 'idealised' fader calibration, until you manage to get a sensible set of values.
Unless you have swapped modules or faders around it should not be necessary. In fact you don't need to if you swap modules as the electronics is consistent, it is only the fader 'law' that is significantly different.
Matt S
Old 23rd January 2012
Lives for gear

Hi
It is detailed in the manual by the way!
Matt S
Old 23rd January 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Syson View Post
Hi
It is detailed in the manual by the way!
Matt S
Hi matt,
thanks for getting back, the reason that i wish to re-calibrate is i have noticed that Zero positions (marked on the consoles surface) ain't lining up with that of the supertrue on one or two faders ..... it's no biggey just bugged me as to why it was happening. I thought I may have calibrated them wrong myself.

the large manual or the supertrue manual (couldnt see it in the supertrue) ?

Thanks Again

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search