The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Lynx aurora issue
Old 23rd January 2012
Here for the gear

Lynx aurora issue

Just purchased a new lynx aurora 16 ad/da mastering converter, seems to working wonderful! That is, until I start isolating my tracks under a microscope! There seems to be be slight "snits" every 15 seconds, any ideas as to the issue?! Lynx has not called me back in a week!?
Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdman18 View Post
Just purchased a new lynx aurora 16 ad/da mastering converter, seems to working wonderful! That is, until I start isolating my tracks under a microscope! There seems to be be slight "snits" every 15 seconds, any ideas as to the issue?! Lynx has not called me back in a week!?
Thanks
When that happened to me, it was because there were sample rate issues. When my Lynx is set to AES IN, I usually don't have problems. Usually they sync, but sometimes they don't. Compare your DAW with the hardware.
Old 23rd January 2012
Dan
Lives for gear

How is it hooked up to the computer?
Old 23rd January 2012
Gear Guru

i am looking at mine right now .. how can we help .. sounds like a clock error .. using synchrolock or not ? please describe your setup ...

john
Old 23rd January 2012
Lives for gear

Working GREAT here, never had an issue. Call Paul at support, he is always available to help. Or he will call you back.
Old 24th January 2012
More cowbell!

Anytime I have little pops or clicks like that, it is either from a sample rate or bit rate mismatch, as said above, or from too small a buffer size or improper use of ASIO or whatever drivers choice.

As mentioned before, try calling Paul, or another option is to post on the Forums. They have always responded to me there within a couple days. Paul is the one who responds there as well. I also think he reads GS sometimes, so may chime in.

Cheers,

Kurtis
Old 24th January 2012
Here for the gear

Thanks guys! So my new aurora 16 is running pci to my Mac pro via the aes 16 card! I have my sample rate @44.1, sync source internal, aes to analog out , analog in to analog out ...buffer 256 all ins and outs are routed fine! Just can't seem to get rid of the snits every 15 seconds or so! Is the worst on electric guitars also?! Tried to call lynx, no call back yet :/
Old 24th January 2012
Gear Guru

you do not say which you are using as the master and which is the slave ...

i use the AES card as the master because it follows the session sample rate ... this means you have to clock the aurora from AES A ... done ... all will follow along ...

disregard if this does not apply to how you are clocking your system .. please give us that info as well ...

are you familiar with the Lynx Mixer ? it's where you set the settings for your card ...

thank you

john
Old 25th January 2012
Here for the gear

Thank you that corrected my problem! I did not have the master slave set up properly! If my aes is set to internal , my aurora must be set to aes as clock source ... Makes sense, I'm just new to the lynx system ! Appreciate everyone's input
Old 25th January 2012
Gear Guru

good to hear ... cheers

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search