The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Recommendations on master clock
Old 23rd January 2012
Recommendations on master clock

Hey guys. Right now we're running Pro-tools HD with one PCIe card (we just upgraded computers and Pro-Tools. the second PCIe is next on the list) and 2 192 I/Os.

one of our next steps is adding a 96 I/O and a dangerous 2 bus to compensate the extra channels. (running a 24 channel console).

one thing we have been looking at upgrading, even before the channel expansion, was the master clock.

i don't know a lot when it comes to this. i've obviously heard of the big ben, and a couple others, but i wanted to get recommendations on what you guys prefer. a Burl is a little out of the budget for right now. although, i would like to eventually run the B80 mothership for all conversion. but, i don't have $20k right now. ha!

anyway, any help is appreciated.
Old 23rd January 2012
I installed one of those classic "Kit-Kat" clocks. Still made in the USA, the wagging tail and wandering eyes keep me in time.
Old 23rd January 2012
Gear Maniac

Or, get a Prism Orpheus as your primary A-D D-A, and use their great internal clock as your clock master.
Old 23rd January 2012
Lives for gear

I highly recommend you check out the Black Lion offerings. Depending on your budget, you could either mod your existing 192's or just grab one of their standalone converters and clock off that.

I don't know if the Microclock is better than what comes stock in the 192 or not, but I'm guessing it is (It was better than my HEDD). They also have a new clock unit coming out shortly which you should look into if you just want to improve clocking.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search