The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
I have $2000 to upgrade my home studio Single-Channel Preamps
Old 23rd January 2012
I have $2000 to upgrade my home studio

Hey Ya'll. So my current home studio set up is an Intel hex core PC I built myself, 8gb RAM, 4ghz total, etc.. A Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56, krk 8 monitors. Mics: Mojave 201 FET (2) Audix D6, D4 (2), D2 (2), Shure: Sm57 (2), SM7.

Recently was given some money and I want to throw it into my studio.

Ultimately I would like to get rid of my Liquid Saffire, get some type of PCIe from RME (or Lynx etc), Start buying some 500 series pres, and go from there.

Just looking for better alternatives. Should I buy separate outboard conversion as well? Any advice really. I don't have any formal training in audio and am always looking for guidance on what I need next gear wise. Ultimately I have roughly $3000 to work with.

Any ideas would be great. Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012
We need more info for music type and work method. I would keep the Saffire and just buy a pre or two.

LA 610 mk 11 or 500 series rack and preamp/compressor.

How many people are you tracking?
Old 23rd January 2012
I record mostly indie and alternative rock. Right now I often use all 8 pres on my liquid Safire and would ultimately like to have 10 pres to track simultaneously

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search