The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Distressor limiter
Old 2nd September 2002
Here for the gear

Distressor limiter

Has anyone used the new version of the Distressor? The one with then option of a 'British' mod, and the stero link mod? Is it worth paying the money for the stereo link, now that the price has gone up $400.00 US for the basic unit?

Why are we paying extra for the stereo link mod, when the unit should be linking properly in the first place?

Thanks.
Old 2nd September 2002
I need to get that British thang on mine...

The link, I wont bother personally..

Old 2nd September 2002
Gear Maniac

"now that the price has gone up $400.00 US for the basic unit?"

huh? they raised the price on this thing?

rollz
Old 2nd September 2002
Here for the gear

There was a price increase on August 22. Nothing new added. A couple websites still have them at the old price. https://www.gearslutz.com/board/images/smilies/angryfire.gif
Old 2nd September 2002
High End Moderator

Tim

I have a couple of the "old" distressors with the Brit mode and link mode retrofitted. I'm not sure if the link mode is absolutely neccessary, because I never use the distressor on the stereo bus. It's a great compressor and gets used on each recording session for various things (note to self: get more distressors) but i do not like it that much for stereo bus compression. Didn't know they raised the prices. A friend of mine got a pair with both mods for $ 2,200 on ebay last week. What IS the street price now?
Old 2nd September 2002
jon
Capitol Studios Paris

I have two with all the options (used to have four, but two is really enough for me).

The British Mode is cool, pretty violent, and worth having.

I never use the Link mode.

Jon
Old 3rd September 2002
Lives for gear

Ditto Jon...

the 'Brit mod' is essential is your a rock pig like me.... It spanks so damn hard and fast its great....

Its definately of the 'effect' variety of compression but SOOOO nice effect..

If you're in the market for a distressor, do yaslef a favour and spend that little extra to put yaself deeper into compression addiction..

PEACE
Wiggy
Old 3rd September 2002
Here for the gear

Michael,

I've been told the new list price is either 1900.00 or 2000.00 US. Street price (depending on what street you buy) is between 1900.00 and 1600.00.

Buy more now.

Tim

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search