The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
API 225L & 212L same as API 2500 and 312? Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 24th April 2006
Lives for gear

API 225L & 212L same as API 2500 and 312?

I'm just abou to send back an API 2500 cuz it just didn't work for me on the 2 buss.

I did however LOVE the sound of the unit. So I was thinking of picking up some API 225L's compressors and was wondering if the sound is the same... or similar enough. (I know they won't be exactly the same)

Also, if I get the 225L, I'd probably get some pre's as well. Are the 212L's the same as 312's / 512's? Or more importantly, do they have the API mojo?

Many thanks as always!
Old 24th April 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump Music
I did however LOVE the sound of the unit. So I was thinking of picking up some API 225L's compressors and was wondering if the sound is the same... or similar enough. (I know they won't be exactly the same)

Also, if I get the 225L, I'd probably get some pre's as well. Are the 212L's the same as 312's / 512's? Or more importantly, do they have the API mojo?
My understanding is that the 312 mic amp is exactly the same as the 212 mic amp, but the 2500 and the 225L are very different. The only unit I have experience with is the 312 mic amp, so I can't help you with any comparisons sorry...

Hope that helps.
Old 24th April 2006
Lives for gear

Also, I assume the zero ratio setting is 1:1. Is that right?
Old 24th April 2006
Gear Guru

that sound you love (i love it too) is THE api sound, all their gear has it to some extent or another.

fwiw, the 225 is a totally different compressor than the 2500.

gregoire
del ubik
Old 16th January 2014
Lives for gear

Any more info on the 225L vs 2500?
Old 19th September 2014
Lives for gear

Bump.
Old 13th March 2015
Lives for gear

bump
Old 10th May 2015
Gear Nut

2006 ! Well my friend has a 7600 and I was thinking about running his WA76 into it to track his vocals. Grab the peaks with WA76 and smooth out the rest with the 7600. The chain is SM7B into a fully modded PRE73 followed by his WA76. The WA76 let's me boost the signal and run the GAP clean due to the nature of the SM7B and GAP I'm surprised with the results. You think the 7600 would be overkill?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search