The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Manley Reference Cardiod Tube Mod Demonstration Condenser Microphones
Old 30th June 2016
more pics

Here are more pictures....
Attached Thumbnails
Manley Reference Cardiod Tube Mod Demonstration-img_8364.jpg   Manley Reference Cardiod Tube Mod Demonstration-img_8365.jpg  
Old 1st July 2016
Lives for gear

My C came with a Sovtek stock tube. When it died I replaced it with a T-funk AX purchased from Bowie and the mic really came alive.
I also bought a T-funk AT back up but haven't needed it yet. Tube replacement on this mic is so easy a 10 yr old could do it.
Old 1st July 2016
audio

Here are the test files as promised. Preamp was a forsell smp500 to keep it clean straight into an Antelope orion 32.
Cheers
Attached Files

telefunken tube.wav (3.29 MB, 1131 views)

old tube.wav (3.29 MB, 1128 views)

Old 1st July 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsthalion View Post
Here are the test files as promised. Preamp was a forsell smp500 to keep it clean straight into an Antelope orion 32.
Cheers
Old tube file sounds almost eq'd in the mids. May fit in a pop mix pretty easily as is. The tfunk is fuller through the lower frequency which in turn makes the highs not as present! I think both could work on a wide variety of voices, however I wouldn't always want that pre eq'd type sound from the old tube! Thanks for posting
Old 1st July 2016
Yes abt the mids although if you notice the top end is more extended on top and has a nicer sparkle finished sound.when you do a highpass on both tracks you will notice a lot more of the diff.the tfunk also smooths out the peaks.im curious to hear this in a mix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseUTB View Post
Old tube file sounds almost eq'd in the mids. May fit in a pop mix pretty easily as is. The tfunk is fuller through the lower frequency which in turn makes the highs not as present! I think both could work on a wide variety of voices, however I wouldn't always want that pre eq'd type sound from the old tube! Thanks for posting
Old 1st July 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsthalion View Post
Well i just received my telefunken tube today from Bowie, my singer couldn't make it so i had to do the test with just me talking into it :(
But man what a diff. the mic opened up so much in the top end, and sounds more open and natural!
I'm waiting for the tube to fully warm up before posting it here.
Thank You Bowie for the great tube!!!!
I am glad your happy with your mic. The stock tube already has an open detailed sound. Not sure I personally would want it to sound even more open. But hey your happy with the results, that's all that matters
Old 27th March 2017
Here for the gear

what kind of tele tube did you get for you manley?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search