The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How to easily automate a Bricasti M7 reverb in the DAW? Utility Software
Old 5th December 2011
Lives for gear

How to easily automate a Bricasti M7 reverb in the DAW?

Is there a list of CC controllers or anything to directly automate a M7 reverb next to the dry/wet send?
Old 5th December 2011
Lives for gear

............are you talkng about the send level?
Old 5th December 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googlyman View Post
Is there a list of CC controllers or anything to directly automate a M7 reverb next to the dry/wet send?
You can do snapshot automation by writing the state of the M7 to a midi track. This can be done by pressing and holding the "Prog" button until the tap light blinks. It takes about one second.

This will save the complete state of the M7, including the state of the front panel. So for example if you are adjusting reverb time on the edit page, playback of the snapshots goes to the edit page and then shows the changing reverb time.

If you are adjusting one parameter at a time this will be seamless (except for "Size" in the V2 Algorithm, and "Chorus" in the V1 Algorithm.) The system will not mute.

There is a bit more explaination here:

http://www.bricasti.com/images/M7_V2...um_Upgrade.pdf

But really just try adjusting the desired parameter then press "Prog" until the tap light flashes with an armed midi track recording the midi out. Then play the midi track back.

Of course the midi track can be edited so you could just take the series of snap shots upfront and then cut and paste them into the track as desired.

-Casey
Old 4th February 2012
Gear Nut

I'm in the market for a Bricasti, but I find the remote a "little bit too expensive". So my question is: is the Bricasti editable by midi, for example I can change single parameters by System Exclusive Parameter Change commands? Or can it be only done by system exclusive dumps of the entire patch? I read the M7_V2_Manual_Addendum_Upgrade pdf, but there's no mention of parameter changes.
Old 4th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronswerk View Post
Or can it be only done by system exclusive dumps of the entire patch?
This is correct.

-Casey
Old 4th February 2012
Gear Nut

Thanks Casey. So my maybe future editor program must send a complete dump when adjusting a single parameter, would it be seamless if the Size parameter stays the same?
Old 4th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks Casey. So my maybe future editor program must send a complete dump when adjusting a single parameter, would it be seamless if the Size parameter stays the same?
You are correct. The editor that the third party is devoloping just issues a complete parameter set update, even if just a single parameter is changed. We have given this third party an exclusive map of the sysex data that is required, so that they are able sell their product more easily. I am still not sure what the schedule is for the third party editor.

In the V1 algorithm, individual parameter changes are seamless except for "chorus" adjustments. In the V2 algorithm "chorus" and "size" adjustments are the only ones that are not seamless. This remains true with the editor.

Harrison also has the sysex map. They currently enable their consoles to drive M7s directly.

-Casey
Old 4th February 2012
can't wait for the editor. that'd be very useful in using the machine for creative mixing!

Old 4th February 2012
Gear Nut

Somehow I had a feeling it was going to be that way. Missing crucial information, a third party editor... A bit sad you restrict it for other users then, now I have to reverse engineer those sysex dumps. Luckily I have some experience in that. Thanks anyway for your answer.
Old 4th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Somehow I had a feeling it was going to be that way. Missing crucial information, a third party editor... A bit sad you restrict it for other users then, now I have to reverse engineer those sysex dumps. Luckily I have some experience in that. Thanks anyway for your answer.
You are right. Let me clean up the related docs, and I will post them on our site this coming week. You shouldn't have to reverse engineer this. I will post to this thread when the docs are up.

From what I have seen of the editor, it should sell on it's own merits in any case.

-Casey
Old 4th February 2012
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
You are right. Let me clean up the related docs, and I will post them on our site this coming week. You shouldn't have to reverse engineer this. I will post to this thread when the docs are up.
-Casey
Casey, you're the man! You just sold a M7!!
Old 17th May 2012
Gear Nut

Ok, just ordered a M7, any news about the midi docs we talked about? Didn't find them on the Bricasti website.
Old 19th May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ok, just ordered a M7, any news about the midi docs we talked about? Didn't find them on the Bricasti website.
I did look at posting them, but the complexity even in documenting the sysex format was daunting. I don't want to put something out that would be so difficult to support. But...

Your timing is good. If you would like to Beta test the M7 control plugin, please PM me. It will be available within a few months. I can even arrange for some Alpha drops, if you would like to participate in some of the final details and get the code sooner.

-Casey
Old 19th May 2012
Gear Nut

PM sent.
Old 23rd May 2012
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I did look at posting them, but the complexity even in documenting the sysex format was daunting. I don't want to put something out that would be so difficult to support. But...

Your timing is good. If you would like to Beta test the M7 control plugin, please PM me. It will be available within a few months. I can even arrange for some Alpha drops, if you would like to participate in some of the final details and get the code sooner.

-Casey
Hey Casey,

What platform will that plugin be for?

Thanks,

Peter
Old 23rd May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
What platform will that plugin be for?
Both the editor and the plugin are crossplatform MAC/PC. The plugin is in VST and AU. I believe the plan is to approach AVID about moving the plugin into RTAS once the VST and AU versions are rolling.

-Casey
Old 23rd May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Both the editor and the plugin are crossplatform MAC/PC. The plugin is in VST and AU. I believe the plan is to approach AVID about moving the plugin into RTAS once the VST and AU versions are rolling.

-Casey
Any plans for AAX?
Old 23rd May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSky Media View Post
Any plans for AAX?
RTAS and AAX sorry!

Really though, it will come down to AVIDs approval.

Note: that it is already possible to select M7 presets from within a PT session using midi. This includes favorites and custom registers as well. Anyone that would like this functionality should request the midnam/middef files from me directly at [email protected]

-Casey
Old 23rd May 2012
Quote:

-Casey
Can't wait for the release heh
Old 3rd September 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
RTAS and AAX sorry!

Note: that it is already possible to select M7 presets from within a PT session using midi. This includes favorites and custom registers as well. Anyone that would like this functionality should request the midnam/middef files from me directly at [email protected]

-Casey
Interesting - as we all know just how much AVID love Midi?
Old 3rd September 2012
Gear Addict

Quote:
request the midnam/middef files from me directly
midnam/middev

(not middef)

Just for clarity! In case anyone searches or wants to write their own. Its open source code and works with anything that accepts midi program changes!
Old 3rd September 2012
Lives for gear

Cool....Can I send this off to India and get an iPhone App done - then sell it?
51/49% Split!
Old 3rd September 2012
Lives for gear

neyrinck vcontrol should be more costeffective imho. especially when the ipad mini gets out. you can buy 3 ipad minis for the price of the remote
Old 3rd September 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelironsteel View Post
neyrinck vcontrol should be more costeffective imho. especially when the ipad mini gets out. you can buy 3 ipad minis for the price of the remote
With V control you can control PT or other DAW, The M10 is for controlling M7's
Old 3rd September 2012
Gear Maniac

Quote:
RTAS and AAX sorry!

-Casey
I've been using the midnam files in Pro Tools for 6+ months (not sure where I got them ) & they work great! Much better than writing the patch name in the Comment box?
Old 4th September 2012
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedemena View Post
I've been using the midnam files in Pro Tools for 6+ months (not sure where I got them ) & they work great! Much better than writing the patch name in the Comment box?
Im glad you like them and they work well!

I wrote them and provided them only to Bricasti (and the studios I work at), so I assume you got them from Casey unless they are now being distributed elsewhere. But considering they are free from Bricasti, and always have been, the more distribution the better!

Don't forget, you can also open the midnam in a text editor and name the registers whatever you want so they will show up that way in Protools.
Old 22nd October 2012
Lives for gear

Any news on the VST control for the Bricasti ?
Old 25th May 2013
Gear Nut

Is it ever coming? The last statement from Casey was a year ago...
Old 25th May 2013
Lives for gear

I emailed them two months ago, the answer was probably not...

IMO that is a pity, because I am not going to fork out 2300 dollar for a remote. The M7 is not completely silent, so I would want to get it out of my mastering room, but there is no affordable remote.

IMO a automatable vst plugin would be great, and a lot of customers would pay a considerable amount for it. Maybe not 2300 dollar, but I would fork out 230 without a hesitation.
Old 26th May 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Is it ever coming?
Yes absolutely.

The backstory is this is being done by a top software guy at a computer game firm. He is looking to start his own company. The development has taken him a while because it is not his day job.

He is now in the process of starting his company. The plugin and editor are coming along very nicely. The development has been continuous and impressive.

Automation and patch sharing through readable XML docs is all on tap.

He has built a solid cross platform basis on which to build. He has the proto unskinned version running now, and is now looking to hire an artist for the look.

The feel is a tabbed GUI, similar to the TC6000 ICON remote.

We are working with him exclusively in order to help him fund his own startup. This is of particular importance and joy to me.

Pricing will be inline with Yannick's thoughts I believe.

-Casey

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search