The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How to easily automate a Bricasti M7 reverb in the DAW? Utility Software
Old 13th October 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf Ebitsch View Post
+4

The iLok topic here is really strong !

My iLok(s) works perfect since years... Never ever a problem.

There's the company 'Exponential Audio' who spend thousands of hours and a lot of money for a splendid new development.
It's naturally that the company protects her software.
Each other perspective is childish and a little undiscerning.
To bear in mind: That's their earning a living.

Congratulations! for a pioneering historical development !

R.

_
Is that a shot a people who don't agree?

You guys actually think, people who don't want an Ilok don't want the developer to make money?

Why is ok for you to bear their perspective and not ours?

How do other software manufactures make money?

Isn't the an M7 attached to it? Really, the M7 is 3000 + us dollars.

I have Max for Live , some of you guys waited 4 5 years for a midi cc controller? I must be missing something, or is that a sysex librarian?

Last edited by fwet; 13th October 2015 at 04:07 PM..
Old 13th October 2015
Lives for gear

Why don't some of you guys say you were beta testers.
Old 13th October 2015
Gear Nut

It must be a sysex editor/librarian. The M7 only knows sysex and works with complete dumps only on top of that, meaning it doesn't matter if you send a complete patch or edit a single value, the complete patch is always send. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, the number of transmitted bytes is rather low, but I don't know how quickly the M7 will respond to rapid changes like reverb time.

To say that people who don't use iLok in their studio are childish is rubbish of course. I would say that in this particular case the developer would even see more money because of users who don't use iLok are missed out. Owning an M7 says something about its users. It's not like a reverb plugin everybody with a daw can use.
Old 13th October 2015
Gear Head
Wonderful, very happy! To be honest I understand why people preferred if it didn't need an ilok, but I have one so I personally don't mind. Very well priced, I shall purchase it as soon as it comes out!

:-)
Old 14th October 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronswerk View Post
It must be a sysex editor/librarian. The M7 only knows sysex and works with complete dumps only on top of that, meaning it doesn't matter if you send a complete patch or edit a single value, the complete patch is always send. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, the number of transmitted bytes is rather low, but I don't know how quickly the M7 will respond to rapid changes like reverb time.

To say that people who don't use iLok in their studio are childish is rubbish of course. I would say that in this particular case the developer would even see more money because of users who don't use iLok are missed out. Owning an M7 says something about its users. It's not like a reverb plugin everybody with a daw can use.
Some good info in the v2 manual addendum, it explains snapshot automation and sysex dumps. I think I got it, tomorrow ill write sysex into the midi sequencer.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search