The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Gefell UM900 best kept secret... Condenser Microphones
Old 11th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISedlacek View Post
We had all the top Gefell microphones here for detailed tests and trying ... UM900 looks very nice, no doubt, but as for the sound , we surprisingly found it the least interesting, a bit boring ... we expected much more (for the price) ... All the others sounded better (in many cases great) to us for any vocal or instrument ...

I have all of these and not just for testing I own em... And they are all great but the Um 900 is the king....

Cheers
SP
Old 11th March 2013
Here for the gear

I recently mentioned my love the M930s and Gefell asked me for a formal endorsement. I agreed without hesitation. I mean, sonically, all the Gefell's that I've head have been great mics, but I can't get over how well machined they are. The build quality is quite amazing.
Old 11th March 2013
Lives for gear
John, do you access to an M990? When I got the UM900 I chose it over the UM92.1 (a Brauner VMA, a Josepson 716 and a few others) but I never heard the M990.

I LOVE my 900 but these guys have piquedmy interest.
Old 11th March 2013
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by automatom View Post
John, do you access to an M990?
Yes

Old 11th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott petito View Post
Its my favorite mic on earth

Cheers
SP
Scott, I do not know if this is the best mic on earth or in the galaxy, but....
that's TODD AS YOUR AVATAR!!!!!
Congrats man! One of the very very few real geniuses in music. Have been a fan since '74. Fond memories (almost tears...) of an unbelievable concert at London Hammersmith in '75, playing the whole side A of "Initiation" segued....

Ok, didn't mean to hijack the thread - I just couldn't resist - please go ahead with Gefells

best regards
Massimo
Old 12th March 2013
Lives for gear

Hey Massimo

Yeah it is the Runt!... I grew up in the Woodstock area and Todd Lived here back then he looked very much like this back then and weirdly enough so did I

Cheers
SP
Old 12th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott petito View Post
Hey Massimo

Yeah it is the Runt!... I grew up in the Woodstock area and Todd Lived here back then he looked very much like this back then and weirdly enough so did I

Cheers
SP
Old 8th February 2017
Here for the gear

Work close

I'm just starting to test this mic that I've had for a month, but if people aren't working this mic close for vocals, I think you might be missing the point. It loves to be worked close and sounds vastly different a foot away in cardiod. I absolutely love the sound it's given the people I've had sing into it including me. Gorgeous mic. So happy to have found it.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search