The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Alternative to Algoritmix EQs DAW Software
Old 11th November 2011
Gear Addict

Alternative to Algoritmix EQs

Is there an equivalent sounding Linear Phase EQ to the Algorithmix Red and Orange EQ's that will work with Windows 7 running Nuendo 5?

I'm not really big on plugins too much, but I'm a real fan of these red and orange. I'm not sure which ones to purchase to replace these since they don't work with the above mentioned software.

I'd like to hear from someone who as A/B or heard both the Algo's and alternative

Thanks
Old 24th April 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicondonn View Post
Is there an equivalent sounding Linear Phase EQ to the Algorithmix Red and Orange EQ's that will work with Windows 7 running Nuendo 5?

I'm not really big on plugins too much, but I'm a real fan of these red and orange. I'm not sure which ones to purchase to replace these since they don't work with the above mentioned software.

I'd like to hear from someone who as A/B or heard both the Algo's and alternative

Thanks
I kept an old pc running on Vista just because of algorithmix. In the new set up I will probably go the nebula route...
Old 24th April 2012
Acudora PLParEQ. Sounds similar to Algo Orange, with min phase band-switching.
Old 31st December 2012
Lives for gear

I have and like both Algorithmix red and PLParEQ - and unfortunately both do not seem to go the 64bit route. Maybe they even stopped business, don´t know. At least no updates at all.
Old 6th November 2018
Gear Head

Alternative to Algorithmix EQs

Quote:

I'm not really big on plugins too much, but I'm a real fan of these red and orange. I'm not sure which ones to purchase to replace these since they don't work with the above mentioned software…Thanks
Hey Donn,

Just a quick note that we’ll be releasing a modern, improved fidelity version of the LP PEQ Orange soon and later the other “colors” as well…
Available in 32 and 64 bit AAX, AU, VST2 and VST3!
Old 7th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:

Thanks
I used to use Algorithmix Red and switched to Photosounder Spline EQ. It sounds as transparent, has a better interface, and is very inexpensive.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search