Old 11th October 2011
What sub for Proac 100

...just that please!
Old 11th October 2011
Here for the gear

Bag End Infrasub-12
Old 11th October 2011
Gear Maniac

i don't really get spending a lot of money on a sub. it just has to push super lows out for you. a lot of the biggest mixers use the worst subs. we run a KRK sub with the proac's. works great for our room.
Old 12th October 2011
Lives for gear

^^ What Lord Fear said.

I used an infinity ps212 (I think) for a while with my ProAcs and really liked it. Was only $400 or so, if I recall correctly.

I set it so it slightly extended a bit below the ProAcs natural response. The more subtle it was, the better it seemed to work for me.
Old 12th October 2011
Lives for gear

ADAM sub8 works really nice with them.
Old 12th October 2011
Lives for gear

Haven't felt the need for a sub with mine.
personal preference I guess.
Old 12th October 2011
Lives for gear

I suggest checking out a REL subwoofer.
Old 12th October 2011
Lives for gear

I'm using mine au naturel, no subs here.
I've heard them with a KRK and it wasn't bad at all. ProAc make their own one (the ER1) but its expensive...
Old 13th October 2011
If I were inclined to fire up subs, I'd use my Dick Sequerra handmade subs. They are fairly large sealed box 12" design that are also passive. Given that there are two, it does match up very nicely. They are very unboomy subs with a very even frequency response.

Crossover courtesy of Metric Halo ULN-8 and power by McIntosh.

That said, I haven't felt a pressing need to do so.
Old 13th October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinhurwitz View Post
If I were inclined to fire up subs, I'd use my Dick Sequerra handmade subs. They are fairly large sealed box 12" design that are also passive. Given that there are two, it does match up very nicely. They are very unboomy subs with a very even frequency response.

Crossover courtesy of Metric Halo ULN-8 and power by McIntosh.

That said, I haven't felt a pressing need to do so.
Thanks guys - very helpful

I'd actually not leave it on most of the time - just for an occational boost whilst tracking bass/mixing dance/electronic... Needs to be switchable...
Old 19th October 2013
I just wanted to bump this thread. Any other opinions on a good sub for these? I used to have a bag end 2-10 sub and loved it. With the bass management system I had at the time I couldn't cut the sub AND the crossover. I would like to be able to cut the sub and crossover to hear the full range Proacs and then pop the sub and crossover back in when needed to check the sub lows.
Old 12th September 2014
Never found the need for a sub so I can't give my direct 2 cents, but from all I have read and proac users I spoke with anything decent will do. Once I learned the proac's and how the bass freqs translate, which are very good I feel, there was no new for a sub. I mix all style of music. Even dub reggae which can have difficulties in bass translation and have no issues whatsoever. Hope you figure out what works for you. Everyone's ears and rooms are different cheers
Old 12th September 2014
I ended up getting one of the newer and cheap krk subs. I do the majority of the mix without it, but double check my lows with the footswitch and its also great for impressing clients
Old 7th February 2016
KRK 12s

Resurrecting this thread...

Got a great deal on a KRK 12s, so I'm going to give it a spin. I'm not a fan of running my mains signal through the sub, but the convenience factor is there, whilst determining if a sub is really necessary/beneficial in my current room.

If I keep it in place, I'll just send a parallel signal from the convertors.

Will post updates, if there's any interest.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search