The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Korg SDD 3000 question Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 29th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Korg SDD 3000 question

So I plugged in my old SDD3000 last night after nearly 4 years just to mess around. While on the one hand I was immediately reminded of the wonderful tonality this unit has, on the other hand I noticed quite a bit of noise coming out of it that I did not remember being there. Something between a small hiss and the noise a tube guitar amp makes naturaly. Has anybody else noticed this? Is it possible that dust or moisture from being stored in my basement is causing this? I also noticed digital artifacts while processing sustained guitar notes. The thing is that I don't remember the unit behaving like this. Does anyone here use this delay regularly that could chime in?

Also if anyone uses both how would you compare this unit to the TC2290?

Cheers,
Old 29th September 2011
Lives for gear

Here's a link for you:

KORG SDD3000

From reading what's there, it sounds like you might need to at least re-cap the unit, which would make sense.

The 3000 is an excellent delay. It's been a long time since I owned one and I wish I never sold it. IMO, there's nothing else quite like a 2290 though, a beautiful delay.
Old 29th September 2011
Lives for gear

Sold my SDD3000 but kept the 2290 (but I still have two SDD1200s)
Old 30th September 2011
Lives for gear

Ha mine is a little noisy and is due for a recap.

Ironically I sold my 2290 and kept my 3000. The 2290 was too clean for me.
Old 30th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Thanks for the link killahurts
Old 18th April 2018
Here for the gear

Without hearing exactly what you're alluding to, what it sounds like is the natural hiss the SDD-3000 preamp is known to produce, especially, when the input/output attenuators are set to levels above your standard levels (ie. +4db on the output). From my understanding, there is no way to get rid of this hiss besides setting your attenuators to lower dBs.

Interesting some (including myself), actually find it a nice quirk of the unit, which gives it even more character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killahurts View Post
Here's a link for you:

KORG SDD3000

From reading what's there, it sounds like you might need to at least re-cap the unit, which would make sense.

The 3000 is an excellent delay. It's been a long time since I owned one and I wish I never sold it. IMO, there's nothing else quite like a 2290 though, a beautiful delay.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search