Holiday shop via this link to support the forum!
BiG BEN FOR 24 I/O MOTU, will this do much?
Old 29th March 2006
Gear Head

BiG BEN FOR 24 I/O MOTU, will this do much?

I need help people, Im trying to figure out if it would even be worth the investment to buy a BIG BEN to clock my 24 I/O. It seems that I never can get a big in depth hi/low sound from my 24 I/O. I know it has to do with the converters and the clock. because I do a crap load of freelance in comercial studios and my mixes are fine.
Whats going on here? not preamps either....nothing but high end, top grade. WHat chip is in the 24 I/O? I hear its the same as the 192's. And that the 24 I/O's clock is the problem. I need more depth and hi and low clearity! I dont mix in the box so rule that out. Will the BIG BEN open my sound alone?
Old 30th March 2006
Gear interested

Black Lion Audio

Check out Black Lion Audio. They do a mod on the Analog section and on the Clock section on the newer MOTU interfaces like 24 I/O, 192HD, Traveler, 896HD, etc. Im thinking about doing it with my 896 HD.
Old 30th March 2006
Lives for gear

I used to own a 24i/o, and thought it was decent, but I ended up selling it and buying a Lynx purchase I ever made! The Motu was OK, but the Aurora sounds so much better IMHO...not even close actually. I miss the other 8 channels of i/o, but I can always buy another Aurora if I really need it. The diff was immediately noticable, esp. in the D/A category.
Old 31st March 2006
Gear addict

I 2nd the Black Lion Audio advice. I have a 24I/O that he modded and it sounds soo much better. I will be getting the clock upgrade as soon as possible.
I think it's the best bang for the buck since you already own a 24I/o as i do.
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search