The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
My bricasti M7 system2 just arrived! Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 18th September 2011
  #1
Gear Head
 

My bricasti M7 system2 just arrived!

My long awaited Britcasti M7 system2 just arrived. Will be trying it out on 2 mixes tomorrow.

Care to share any favorite presets for lead vocal (rock ballad or others) and live string ensemble??
Attached Thumbnails
My bricasti M7 system2 just arrived!-imageuploadedbygearslutz1316337924.264279.jpg  
Old 18th September 2011
  #2
My two Bricasti M7Ms are coming next week. Harrison integrated the ability to control them from my IKIS software (the same thing that manages my 2000+ digital patch points throughout the facility). Looking forward to installing them Tuesday!
Old 18th September 2011
  #3
Gear Addict
 

Very good unit. Been using ours a lot for clients. Have fun !
Old 18th September 2011
  #4
Lives for gear
 

I don't understand why people spend that much money on a digital reverb. There are 3-4 ITb reverbs which are on par with Bricasti....and for 15x less money.
Old 18th September 2011
  #5
Lives for gear
 
SoZo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulderFBI View Post
I don't understand why people spend that much money on a digital reverb. There are 3-4 ITb reverbs which are on par with Bricasti....and for 15x less money.

Really.............................................?????????????? What ????????????????
Old 18th September 2011
  #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulderFBI View Post
I don't understand why people spend that much money on a digital reverb. There are 3-4 ITb reverbs which are on par with Bricasti....and for 15x less money.
The mission of this X-File would be to explain which plugs you heard that are on par with the M7, for x15 times less money [which would be about $246 USD by my calculations] so if you don't mind me asking..I'd like to know. Cause I haven't found the little green men with space helmets yet. I Want to Believe!!!! But yea, I don't understand why people put acid inside their eye...though it looks like it works pretty well.
Old 18th September 2011
  #7
Lives for gear
 

2C Aether, PCM Lexicon and EW Spaces. 3 really great reverbs and if you can't do the job with them, than it's better you think about working in other profession.
Old 18th September 2011
  #8
Lives for gear
 
waveterm's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulderFBI View Post
2C Aether, PCM Lexicon and EW Spaces. 3 really great reverbs and if you can't do the job with them, than it's better you think about working in other profession.
Troll.

WT
Old 18th September 2011
  #9
Lives for gear
 

I think for all of you, it's more of a prestige to have Bricasti so you can brag to your friends. And 50% of guys bought it just because of hype by few guys on this forum.

Me and few of my friends have this opinion and we all have over 15, some over 20 years of experience in music production, so....yes, we are all trolls. :D

To be clear, I don't say that Bricasti sucks, it's good, but too expensive and much cheaper gear can sound same (good) as Bricasti, of course if you know how to tweak it properly.
Old 18th September 2011
  #10
Some people want the best, not just the "gets the job done" gear.

It's not your money or decision, so yes, you are trolling (and maybe just a little envious).

I would assume that most owners of a Bricasti know how to tweak a reverb and can hear the difference for themselves...

Your straw man engineer who doesn't know what his $3500 plus reverb is capable of and is just buying for "hype" is ridiculous.

If you have the skills to tweak a ITB verb to great levels, then the Bricasti will take you that much further.
Old 18th September 2011
  #11
Lives for gear
 
shortstory's Avatar
Can we get back to the original idea of this thread please- which was what people think are some great patches they've found.

And to the plug-in/'emulation' guys- I'm glad your happy. Really. But just sit back & relax.
Old 18th September 2011
  #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulderFBI View Post
I think for all of you, it's more of a prestige to have Bricasti so you can brag to your friends.
I don't need to brag about a room simulator: I have a real room. I do need a complete array of reverb processors, which includes tc electronic m6000 (check), Lexicon 960L (check), Eventide H8000 (check). Now I just need to wait until Tuesday to install my Bricasti M7s (check and check).
Old 18th September 2011
  #13
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulderFBI View Post
I think for all of you, it's more of a prestige to have Bricasti so you can brag to your friends. And 50% of guys bought it just because of hype by few guys on this forum.

Me and few of my friends have this opinion and we all have over 15, some over 20 years of experience in music production, so....yes, we are all trolls. :D

To be clear, I don't say that Bricasti sucks, it's good, but too expensive and much cheaper gear can sound same (good) as Bricasti, of course if you know how to tweak it properly.
Hype??? No I don't think so!

We have:
4 x TC system 6000's
4 x H8000FW's
960L
480L
2 x RMX16

Just to name a few of our units!

We had a Bricasti on demo and felt that it could do things in a way that the other units couldn't. In fact Pee Wee said that he could get close to the Bricasti reverbs with the 960L if he spent a few hours deep editing.

But who wants to spend hours deep editing reverb presets?

So we bought 3 Bricasti's!

If you can't hear why they are better than plug-ins, you need better monitors!!!!
Old 18th September 2011
  #14
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post
Hype??? No I don't think so!

We have:
4 x TC system 6000's
4 x H8000FW's
960L
480L
2 x RMX16

Just to name a few of our units!

We had a Bricasti on demo and felt that it could do things in a way that the other units couldn't. In fact Pee Wee said that he could get close to the Bricasti reverbs with the 960L if he spent a few hours deep editing.

But who wants to spend hours deep editing reverb presets?

So we bought 3 Bricasti's!

If you can't hear why they are better than plug-ins, you need better monitors!!!!

That why I have sold my Lexicon 960L (with 2 DSP card) to finance my bricasti M7M2 ... as we just want to mix, not presets editing........
Old 18th September 2011
  #15
Lives for gear
Bricasti fanboy here, not only because of the unit itself but because of the people running the company.

also have 480L, AMS-RMX, Eventide 3000SE, TC 5000. have tried my best not to pull the trigger on a 2nd Bricasti but don't know how long i'll last.

hi Clueless. long time no see!
Old 18th September 2011
  #16
Gear Addict
 
Avast!'s Avatar
Customer Service

I've only had my (new!) Bricasti M7 in my hands for 20 minutes, but call-out to Brian and their customer service for getting it INTO my hands as needed supremely quickly.

It's already out on a long rental to a reverberant and Fleet band of Foxes. Will return to the studio to please many clients, and make mixing that much better. Which is what any of our prefered tools are for.

I'm looking forward to learning my way around it's spaces. I'll wear shoes, it's gooey in there!
Old 18th September 2011
  #17
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Care to share any favorite presets for lead vocal (rock ballad or others) and live string ensemble??
..........keep going back to London Plate on vocals....usually pre-delay tweaked a bit to some sort of subdision of song tempo and normally take the low end roll off up to about -15db's.......sounds great also when u increase the size of plate and decay time.

Sunset chamber is also great. For strings.....depends what you want....chambers, plates, rooms.......however if your lookng for a Hall......Amsterdam and berlin are beautiful. The halls are lovely on vocals you want less intmate also. Have fun.
Old 18th September 2011
  #18
Lives for gear
 
JSt0rm's Avatar
Does bricasti do surround sound with 3 units?
Old 18th September 2011
  #19
Gear Addict
 
Doc No's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulderFBI View Post
I don't understand why people spend that much money on a digital reverb. There are 3-4 ITb reverbs which are on par with Bricasti....and for 15x less money.
You don't understand it because you don't know what you talking about.
But which plug ins do you mean, I've checked out pcm bundle, icram, x-verb. None of them is on par with m7. That would be great and save me a lot of money. The only reverb is on par is the quantec yardstick.
Old 18th September 2011
  #20
Lives for gear
 
unit7's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivateZoo View Post
My long awaited Britcasti M7 system2 just arrived. Will be trying it out on 2 mixes tomorrow.

Care to share any favorite presets for lead vocal (rock ballad or others) and live string ensemble??
M7Mx2 + M10 here too. Found a spot for it on my Harrison desk and love beeing able to workk with it from the sweet spot, though not as intergrated as Clueless IKIS solution of course... But I have them hooked up with MIDI and I'm dumping sys ex to PT (one button command!) before closing each mix session, for easy recall and don't have to save altered patches to the M7.

Not able to recommend any specific patch though, because so many sound so d*mn good!
Attached Thumbnails
My bricasti M7 system2 just arrived!-m10onconsole.jpg  
Old 18th September 2011
  #21
Lives for gear
 
G-Spot's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc No View Post
You don't understand it because you don't know what you talking about.
But which plug ins do you mean, I've checked out pcm bundle, icram, x-verb. None of them is on par with m7. That would be great and save me a lot of money. The only reverb is on par is the quantec yardstick.

I have the Bricasti and a Quantec Yardstick 2402F (yes, I'm a lucky bastard ) and I really don't know which I prefer... anyway, I stopped using Plugin reverbs. heh
Old 18th September 2011
  #22
Lives for gear
 
Space Station's Avatar
I got a couple of Bricasti systems..waddaya wanna know?

I use Music Club 2 a lot on drums...it sounds incredible. I always EQ the returns to taste though. I always end up sticking a bit of it on vox too..even if I have another reverb running on the Vox..

Er Open Spaces 2 on tons of stuff...the Sun plates on tons of stuff.

You know I bought a Bricasti when they very first came out..I have to say I sold it a while later. It didn't do that much for me. It was version 2 that made me re-assess..it made the world of difference to me.. But then I'm Mr Lex 224XL so that probably explains it.. I almost never use the 480L for reverb..I use it for doubling and other effects.

BassJam wth is pee wee? Is that the thing resting on the 88R in that picture heh
Old 18th September 2011
  #23
Here for the gear
 

If I had that cash I'd buy the M7. Its so sweet.
Old 18th September 2011
  #24
Lives for gear
 
dandeurloo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc No View Post
You don't understand it because you don't know what you talking about.
But which plug ins do you mean, I've checked out pcm bundle, icram, x-verb. None of them is on par with m7. That would be great and save me a lot of money. The only reverb is on par is the quantec yardstick.

I've used both the M7 and yardstick (the theater on the yardstick is pretty great) and about every plugin out there. And the M7 is an easy King. I hate to say it because I don't own one and they are a lot of cash but if you want good/great reverb they are well worth it.
Old 19th September 2011
  #25
Gear Guru
 
drBill's Avatar
The day I got my M7 was the day things changed.

I had PCM60, 80, 480L and PCM96 as well as a slew of other brands of verb. All are gone now but the 80. It may stay. I replaced all of them with the Lexicon Native software and the M7. And I'm WAY ahead of the game IMO.
Old 19th September 2011
  #26
Lives for gear
 
redrue's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivateZoo View Post
Care to share any favorite presets for lead vocal (rock ballad or others) and live string ensemble??
Both the A&M and Sunset Chambers are my favorite vocal
presets... so far. But I haven't gone through all of them yet....
can't seem to get past these two.

Congrats... fun days ahead!
Old 19th September 2011
  #27
Gear Guru
 
drBill's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrue View Post
Both the A&M and Sunset Chambers are my favorite vocal
presets... so far. But I haven't gone through all of them yet....
can't seem to get past these two.

Congrats... fun days ahead!
LOL I know what you mean. First project, I was stuck on the SUN B plate. Second project, I've been stuck on the Sunset Chamber. Both sound so great, it's been hard to leave.......heh

BUT, I'm making it a rule to try new things on each project - at least until I hear maybe 20% of what's in the box. lol
Old 19th September 2011
  #28
Lives for gear
 
Telefunk's Avatar
 

M7 sounds really amazing, BUT if you want plates, get EMT140, there´s no way to get around that. Just my 2cents.
Old 19th September 2011
  #29
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulderFBI View Post
I don't understand why people spend that much money on a digital reverb. There are 3-4 ITb reverbs which are on par with Bricasti....and for 15x less money.
I share a studio with a friend and when he takes his M7 on tour I frantically print audio of it on any mixes I am currently working on...... then I cry my eyes out as it leaves the studio door.

I've got a tonne of plug ins; TL Space, Altiverb, Waves IR, Sonnox, Revibe, Eventide, Revolver and more whose names I can't even remember, none of them can do what it does. If I had the money spare(which sadly I don't) or if mixing was 100% of my work, I would buy one in an instant.

Last edited by Neil Pickles; 19th September 2011 at 08:37 AM.. Reason: punctuation, grammar as per usual
Old 19th September 2011
  #30
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telefunk View Post
M7 sounds really amazing, BUT if you want plates, get EMT140, there´s no way to get around that. Just my 2cents.
we used to have 2 X 140's in a studio in LA. i'd heard those things for years on end so i'm quite familiar with the sound. i'd never heard a box that convincingly did the 140, but i walked up to Casey's booth the first time he showed the M7 @ AES, asked him to put up a plate... put on the phones and ordered one on the spot.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump