The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
My bricasti M7 system2 just arrived! Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 15th November 2011
Gear Nut

Appreciate this thread...received my M7 last night (along with a Kush Clariphonic), spent the night going through the manual and trying it out on a bunch of different sources. I gotta say, it is deserving of all the praise. I've got a PCM-80, MPX-1, and T.C. M2000 that will probably go on eBay very soon
Old 15th November 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin*Gio View Post
Appreciate this thread...received my M7 last night (along with a Kush Clariphonic), spent the night going through the manual and trying it out on a bunch of different sources. I gotta say, it is deserving of all the praise. I've got a PCM-80, MPX-1, and T.C. M2000 that will probably go on eBay very soon
heh
Have fun playing with it. Have to wait for my cabling guy to finish the audio snakes

Keep the PCM-80 for some extra reverb. I'll keep mine.
Old 16th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulderFBI View Post
2C Aether, PCM Lexicon and EW Spaces. 3 really great reverbs and if you can't do the job with them, than it's better you think about working in other profession.
I even do not own a M7 but when listening to files of demos there is no question I can hear that something special is going to happen waht no convolution reverb and or Lexicon reverb is doing yet.

Some of LEX verbs sound good but more like effect to me.
And the B M7 files I heard had a beautiful depth and dimension to my ears....

If I do understand it correct- that was the reason why the creators of the M7 separated of the lexicon factory... they wanted to do things different... and thy did.

If the M7 would not cost 3.5 k I would buy one.

Sure the job can be done with less off the high end reverb stuff but.... some people love it and they buy it... an I would buy it as well if I could afford it.
Old 10th August 2013
Lives for gear

i've had mine for a few months and love it.

have the first opportunity next week to mix a house/pop/ethnic track that has "epic" vocals that need "epic" reverb ala 90s 80s reverbs that sound like the singer is in the clouds. what do you guys find to be the best preset of these.

i'm thinking some of the v2 halls but i'm interested what others have found.
Old 11th August 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramism View Post
i've had mine for a few months and love it.

have the first opportunity next week to mix a house/pop/ethnic track that has "epic" vocals that need "epic" reverb ala 90s 80s reverbs that sound like the singer is in the clouds. what do you guys find to be the best preset of these.

i'm thinking some of the v2 halls but i'm interested what others have found.
Pair of pcm42s with slightly different settings into a 4s hall any
Old 11th August 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSt0rm View Post
Does bricasti do surround sound with 3 units?
Very good question! We decided to dedicate a few days of studio time to find out, and Casey flew out to the studio to guide our explorations. I'm in the process of doing a writeup, and when I do, will publish it somewhere. The super short answer is that two M7s is probably the minimum, three gives you more shaping opportunities. There are still a few configurations with four to document. And perhaps we can talk about five when all is said and done. It's nice that the remote interface supports up to 8 units!
Old 11th August 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelironsteel View Post
Pair of pcm42s with slightly different settings into a 4s hall any
huh?
Old 18th August 2013
Gear Addict

Bricasti Favorite Settings....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivateZoo View Post
My long awaited Britcasti M7 system2 just arrived. Will be trying it out on 2 mixes tomorrow.

Care to share any favorite presets for lead vocal (rock ballad or others) and live string ensemble??
I am bumping this thread in hopes that it may come back on topic to the original posters question which is quoted above. As I read through this thread, I noticed a lot of posts about other reverbs and plug-in's (a few of which I too own), but I would really like to hear from Bricasti owners about their favorite pre-sets as I have a chance to use one on an upcoming session.
Thx,
Tim
Old 18th August 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce 225 View Post
I am bumping this thread in hopes that it may come back on topic to the original posters question which is quoted above. As I read through this thread, I noticed a lot of posts about other reverbs and plug-in's (a few of which I too own), but I would really like to hear from Bricasti owners about their favorite pre-sets as I have a chance to use one on an upcoming session.
Thx,
Tim
For my voice ( male lower tenor upper baritone range) It's hard to beat the "Sunset Chamber" preset. I use it with a bit more pre delay added for my voice which is I guess you'd say slightly raspy or non distinct. In any case a bit more pre delay lends a bit more clarity

You can hear the Sunset Chamber used in two of the songs on my soundcloud page link below "The Question" and "Down Any Open Road" even though it's 128 bit MP3 stream I think you can still here the more realistic presence in those songs as compared to 'Time Is" which was done entirely in Reason with its Reverb, not hateful but a bit less presence than the other two
Old 19th August 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramism View Post
huh?

Me too...... ??????????????

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search