The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
My bricasti M7 system2 just arrived! Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 18th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
..........keep going back to London Plate on vocals....usually pre-delay tweaked a bit to some sort of subdision of song tempo and normally take the low end roll off up to about -15db's.......sounds great also when u increase the size of plate and decay time.

Sunset chamber is also great. For strings.....depends what you want....chambers, plates, rooms.......however if your lookng for a Hall......Amsterdam and berlin are beautiful. The halls are lovely on vocals you want less intmate also. Have fun.
So far I have been using the Sunset Chamber for my personal vocals (low tennor/hi baritone ). But I will have to try the London Plate.
Old 19th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulderFBI View Post
I think for all of you, it's more of a prestige to have Bricasti so you can brag to your friends. And 50% of guys bought it just because of hype by few guys on this forum.

Me and few of my friends have this opinion and we all have over 15, some over 20 years of experience in music production, so....yes, we are all trolls. :D

To be clear, I don't say that Bricasti sucks, it's good, but too expensive and much cheaper gear can sound same (good) as Bricasti, of course if you know how to tweak it properly.
I call BULLSH*T ....... i don't know of a single peer who doesn't rate the bricasti well above most other verbs out there especially ITB verbs.

I rented one for a live gig when they first came out.
It is the first time in my life that I was complemented on the REVERB - all were fascinated by its sound both in the crowd and on stage - admittedly the price put everyone off it, but until that bombshell dropped all 3 lead singers were asking where to get one and how amazing they thought there vocals had sounded.
I now Have 2 - not enough have to print them,
Old 19th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
2C Aether, PCM Lexicon and EW Spaces. 3 really great reverbs and if you can't do the job with them, than it's better you think about working in other profession.
I would argue that if YOU can't hear the difference, YOU should be working in another profession... heheh

I like the Lexicon plugs and the 96 (we have both and 3 bricastis), but the Lexicon cannot live up to the M7 for tails and real spaces.

The M7 on acoustic instruments (piano, acoustic guitar, oboe, flute etc.) is just magic...

But for some reason, Im loving the non linear presets right now...
Old 19th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
So far I have been using the Sunset Chamber for my personal vocals (low tennor/hi baritone ). But I will have to try the London Plate.
..........Yeah I'm using the sunset chamber on a vocal at the moment.......it really can give an amazing retro vibe to things.....but yeah I think you'll love the London plate also..........some of the halls are pretty amazing on a vocal also. In fact for this particular song which is dark and twisted bossa nova, I printed a hall also and threw that behind the plate to give even more space and bloom to the chorus.
Old 19th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
...There are 3-4 ITb reverbs which are on par with Bricasti....and for 15x less money.
LOL. Speaking of someone who has bought heavily into pure hype - well, clearly, that would be YOU, FoxMulder. heh

Here you go again, leaping ahead of the facts, imagining technologies that aren't quite realised, ...yet another fanciful windmill you're tilting at here.

FYI (as opposed to "FBI"), there is a *reason* why your 3-4 ITB reverbs cost 15x less than a single M7. It has something to do with the sound.

I dunno (sigh). Scully might have been a bit on the cautious side sometimes, but what she said always made more sense!
Old 19th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
..........Yeah I'm using the sunset chamber on a vocal at the moment.......it really can give an amazing retro vibe to things....
Yes in fact I started using the Sunset for a particular song of mine that I'm told both the vocal and the music has a "Doors" vibe so since some of Morison's vocals were recorded using Sunsets Chamber I gave it a try and really liked it on my voice.
Old 19th October 2011
Jai guru deva om

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diegel View Post
PCM Lexicon I went through all presets and tried tweaking for hours and could not get 1 good sound out of it. Bricasti I went through all the presets and was tweaking for hours and could not get 1 bad sound out of it!
The first thing we noticed when really diving into the M7 was the presets are just so spot on already, which is where it excels above and beyond as you state...not only in function but in delivering real space.

For context in our Clipalator we have:

Bricasti M7
Lexicon PCM92
Eventide Eclipse
tc electronic 4000

all on display on multiple sources, with audio and video.

The videos are using presets to show different variations and to further bring a little more context to the audio.

War
Old 20th October 2011
Lives for gear

Another thing I've noticed is with the M 7 I get the effect not only more realistically but also with the volume of the reverb aux track at a lower level ( i.e. at say - 16 to 20 db as opposed to say -13 to -16 with my plugs)
Anyone else notice this ?
Old 20th October 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Another thing I've noticed is with the M 7 I get the effect not only more realistically but also with the volume of the reverb aux track at a lower level ( i.e. at say - 16 to 20 db as opposed to say -13 to -16 with my plugs)
+1.
Old 20th October 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Yes!
Old 20th October 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
2C Aether, PCM Lexicon and EW Spaces. 3 really great reverbs and if you can't do the job with them, than it's better you think about working in other profession.

this is true...only when its not
Old 21st October 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
This is utter nonsense. PCM Lexicon I went through all presets and tried tweaking for hours and could not get 1 good sound out of it. Bricasti I went through all the presets and was tweaking for hours and could not get 1 bad sound out of it! 2c Aether and EQ Spaces sound thin and cheesy.
Presets arefor novices.
Old 21st October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscend View Post
Presets arefor novices.
Must have missed the "tweaked for hours" part of his post ? Of course it is also said that superior declamitory attitudes are the refuge of an insecure ego
Old 21st October 2011
Gear Nut

Im seriously considering selling my lexi reverbs for getting this one. After a colleague of mine purchased one and instaled it in his studio i spent hours enjoying this.
Old 21st October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscend View Post
Presets arefor novices.
Wow... I guess I know a lot of famous 'novices' then... If a preset works, use it... If it doesn't, then tweak.
Old 22nd October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
This is utter nonsense. PCM Lexicon I went through all presets and tried tweaking for hours and could not get 1 good sound out of it.
User error methinks LOL.
Old 22nd October 2011
Lives for gear

M7 is great, but I don't use only it.
Lex 300, TC 4000, Eventide 2016 and others still has a lot of use here, their specific colors are part of magic.
Old 27th October 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I don't understand why people spend that much money on a digital reverb. There are 3-4 ITb reverbs which are on par with Bricasti....and for 15x less money.

Do you REALLY believe that?? Wow!
Old 27th October 2011
Here for the gear

Try Tanglewood
Old 27th October 2011
Mine arrived yesterday

Can't wait to hook it up and listen the first time to it heh
Sadly this will be at the end of November, when all cabling is done

First I thought that the price tag for the remote control is a bit off. But when I felt the wheel the first time, it was like "the" first time heh The buil quality looks astonishing and the feeling of the knobs and wheel is just great.
Attached Thumbnails
My bricasti M7 system2 just arrived!-2011-10-26-20.52.50.jpg   My bricasti M7 system2 just arrived!-2011-10-26-20.55.23.jpg  
Old 27th October 2011
Lives for gear

The Bricasti is really great. Brian demoed me four years ago when it was still a prototype and I was very impressed. I thought, "well, finally the 480L can rest in peace".

On the other hand I think that the price for the remote is outrageous. To put in into perspective and to compare it to some other absolute first class metal product (with electronics, as the ZF.2s do), you can buy two or three Zeiss lenses for the price of the Bricasti remote.

Economies of scale, blah, blah, the remote is WAY TOO expensive.
Old 27th October 2011
Lives for gear

If you think that remote is expensive....check out the Klark Teknik motorized EQ-remote.

Then compare it to TC´s (new) remote.

WT
Old 27th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by waveterm View Post
If you think that remote is expensive....check out the Klark Teknik motorized EQ-remote.

Then compare it to TC´s (new) remote.
I know.

On the other hand

Half price of Bricasti's. Look at all what this has in comparison.

On another note, all manufacturers should implement wifi on their products: iPad becomes the instant, universal remote AND library management device (and for peanuts).

Sorry for the OT. Back to the M7.
Old 28th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jindrich View Post

Half price of Bricasti's. Look at all what this has in comparison.
Yes a stand alone M10 is expensive. But, db bought a system one (M7M/M10 bundle). If he has no use for the M7 front panel, he has effectively bought an M7 with a remote that costs less than the unit you cite.

-Casey
Old 28th October 2011
Lives for gear

Casey,
I was comparing prices (and features) of the remotes ONLY of both the M7 and the Eventide. Perphaps if you hadn't given the design and metal work to the guys at Mark Levinson and had rather used somebody else, the price might have been $1k or so.

..And still, this is what you can buy brand new for just 1.1k (less than half of Bricasti's remote):

Makes you think, doesn't it?

Anyway, the M7 s great. Thanks for creating one of the very few new pieces of equipment that's already a classic and will stay so for years to come.
Old 28th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jindrich View Post
Perphaps if you hadn't given the design and metal work to the guys at Mark Levinson and had rather used somebody else.

Anyway, the M7 s great. Thanks for creating one of the very few new pieces of equipment that's already a classic and will stay so for years to come.
Thank you. That is a great complement that we have not honestly yet deserved, but are working towards IMO.

As for the metal work. Bricasti owns an advanced metal machining shop in Shirley MA. We have a hired machinest on staff using the latest in CNC machining to mill each of our components to our meticulous standards.

We love this aspect of our products. If you would like to see pictures of the process let me know. I did start a thread in the good news forum on this topic, but it went nowhere.

-Casey
Old 28th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
Thank you. That is a great complement that we have not honestly yet deserved, but are working towards IMO.

As for the metal work. Bricasti owns an advanced metal machining shop in Shirley MA. We have a hired machinest on staff using the latest in CNC machining to mill each of our components to our meticulous standards.

We love this aspect of our products. If you would like to see pictures of the process let me know. I did start a thread in the good news forum on this topic, but it went nowhere.

-Casey
I have to admit my M10 is a piece of art.

The Lexi remote was a toy relatively and the TC isn't up to snuff either- buildwise I mean. Functionally they are great remotes, can't take that away.

Gluttonously expensive alone, sure, but the M10 is like aluminum butter.

You don't have the instant access to multiple parameters like the others but that dial is just ridiculous... And a pleasure to use.

The navigation on the M10/M7/M7M is so simple though, its not much of a sacrifice.

And I still can't believe how much I like the non linear verbs! My starting points on my two units are always, as of now, non lin A and large and stage.
Old 28th October 2011
Gear Addict

non linears are a suprise
on vocals too !
Old 2nd November 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
EW Space is a buggy piece of ****. I regret buying that dog.
Old 2nd November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhOdEz View Post
non linears are a suprise
on vocals too !
I was fooling around with Scoring stage on a pop rock vocal ,petty nice
I've used nonlinear 4 on acoustic. Gtr I 'll have to try vocals.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search