The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
My bricasti M7 system2 just arrived! Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

I'm just a couple of days away from getting my 3rd Bricasti M7.

If any PlugIn would do what the M7 does I would have saved a lot of money...

I tried a lot of plugs, have about 15 outboard reverbs, never use a single plug
for main reverbs .... occasionally for convenience reasons .....

wolfgang
Old 19th September 2011
lucky you heh

i will order mine in 1-2 weeks
Old 19th September 2011
Gear Maniac

I think the m7 is a incredible piece of gear and the price ist fully justified but.... the price tag on the remote control is just sick, way overpriced, did the R&D cost thaaaat mucho ?
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit7 View Post
I have them hooked up with MIDI and I'm dumping sys ex to PT (one button command!) before closing each mix session, for easy recall and don't have to save altered patches to the M7.
I need to learn how to do that Can I come by someday ? Lunch on me.
Old 19th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darc View Post
I think the m7 is a incredible piece of gear and the price ist fully justified but.... the price tag on the remote control is just sick, way overpriced, did the R&D cost thaaaat mucho ?
My thoughts too. But I won't be able to resist to buy the system 1. It's way cooler
Old 19th September 2011
sometimes working in a small room has it's positive effects (of not needing a remote). regardless of the CR size, I want that box sitting really really close to the sweetspot. no need for a remote ;-)
Old 19th September 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
M7Mx2 + M10 here too. Found a spot for it on my Harrison desk and love beeing able to workk with it from the sweet spot, though not as intergrated as Clueless IKIS solution of course... But I have them hooked up with MIDI and I'm dumping sys ex to PT (one button command!) before closing each mix session, for easy recall and don't have to save altered patches to the M7.

Not able to recommend any specific patch though, because so many sound so d*mn good!
Hi unit7, How do u go about dumping the data of 2 m7 to the PT session... that i should be able to figure out.... actually, how do u go about the Midi connections (2 units) to the Computer?
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainreduction View Post
I need to learn how to do that Can I come by someday ? Lunch on me.
That is far too easy to earn me a free lunch...heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivateZoo View Post
Hi unit7, How do u go about dumping the data of 2 m7 to the PT session... that i should be able to figure out.... actually, how do u go about the Midi connections (2 units) to the Computer?
Press and hold the EDIT button on the M10 (perhaps the same on an M7?), and you'll see the light at the TAP button light up indicating that the sys ex is sent. You record this data to a MIDI track in the DAW. After this procedure you should be able to see that something is recorded to the MIDI track, otherwise something's wrong w your connections/settings. Some DAWs also needs to have handling of sys ex enabled specifically.

Loading from DAW back to M7 - play the MIDI track where the sys ex data was recorded and the TAP light will light up indicating that sys ex is received.

It's MIDI data so you need a MIDI interface between the Bricasti and the computer. I guess it would be possible to connect the M7s in chain if you setup units w different MIDI channels. But I connected mine to two different ports on my MIDI interface to be sure not to mix things up when saving/reloading. And of course you have to connect both ins/outs. MIDI out on M7->MIDI in on interface and vice versa.

This and a few other neat MIDI functions described in the V2 manual, but this is the only one I use/know by heart.
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telefunk View Post
M7 sounds really amazing, BUT if you want plates, get EMT140, there´s no way to get around that. Just my 2cents.
Indeed. I'll take my 140 over an M7 for plate sounds any day. Even with the noise floor.

But the M7 would still be my first choice for halls and chambers.
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Station View Post
BassJam wth is pee wee? Is that the thing resting on the 88R in that picture heh
This is a Pee Wee:

http://www.discogs.com/artist/169631...es/Credits/All
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear
I demoed a bricasti a while back. I was very impressed but only had so much cash for main reverb. I sent it back and got a Lex 480L. Lex remains king to me but if I had extra cash I would get Bricasti.
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulderFBI View Post
2C Aether, PCM Lexicon and EW Spaces. 3 really great reverbs and if you can't do the job with them, than it's better you think about working in other profession.
This is utter nonsense. PCM Lexicon I went through all presets and tried tweaking for hours and could not get 1 good sound out of it. Bricasti I went through all the presets and was tweaking for hours and could not get 1 bad sound out of it! 2c Aether and EQ Spaces sound thin and cheesy.
Old 19th September 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
That is far to easy to earn me a free lunch...heh

Press and hold the EDIT button on the M10 (perhaps the same on an M7?), and you'll see the light at the TAP button light up indicating that the sys ex is sent. You record this data to a MIDI track in the DAW. After this procedure you should be able to see that something is recorded to the MIDI track, otherwise something's wrong w your connections/settings. Some DAWs also needs to have handling of sys ex enabled specifically.

Loading from DAW back to M7 - play the MIDI track where the sys ex data was recorded and the TAP light will light up indicating that sys ex is received.

It's MIDI data so you need a MIDI interface between the Bricasti and the computer. I guess it would be possible to connect the M7s in chain if you setup units w different MIDI channels. But I connected mine to two different ports on my MIDI interface to be sure not to mix things up when saving/reloading. And of course you have to connect both ins/outs. MIDI out on M7->MIDI in on interface and vice versa.

This and a few other neat MIDI functions described in the V2 manual, but this is the only one I use/know by heart.
Unit7, Many thx for explaining thhe steps on details.. Needed to get a midi interface first then will try out the midi dump. Does holding the EDIT button on M10 dump both machines ?( if there are 2 m7m) to Protools ? Or needed to do the procedure twice?
Old 19th September 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
2C Aether, PCM Lexicon and EW Spaces. 3 really great reverbs and if you can't do the job with them, than it's better you think about working in other profession.
I have all of those and the Tsar which is great too.I think Tsar is the best one.
still cant beat the M7
.also lots of hardware stuff..140,etc
for natural spaces hands down the bricasti is in a league of its own.
Old 19th September 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by recordinghopkins View Post
Indeed. I'll take my 140 over an M7 for plate sounds any day. Even with the noise floor.

But the M7 would still be my first choice for halls and chambers.
+ 1.
I have a 140 that has that magic randomness and huge swimming quality I can't get w/ anything else.
alti and tl space were a complete joke by comparison.
the bricasti wins for real and natural.
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge View Post
+ 1.
I have a 140 that has that magic randomness and huge swimming quality I can't get w/ anything else.
alti and tl space were a complete joke by comparison.
the bricasti wins for real and natural.
I have affixed a pair of piezos to my plate so that I have the original tube mono output as well as stereo. I like to plug the stereo pickups into my vintech 1272 for dark swirly chocolatey verbs, and sometimes I do a sort of LCR panning with the stereo and mono returns. Bright in the center, dark at the edges like a marshmallow bunny. I've tried, but I just can't duplicate this trick with plugins.
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivateZoo View Post
Unit7, Many thx for explaining thhe steps on details.. Needed to get a midi interface first then will try out the midi dump. Does holding the EDIT button on M10 dump both machines ?( if there are 2 m7m) to Protools ? Or needed to do the procedure twice?
To my knowledge you can't do anything with more than 1 unit at a time from the remote. You have to dump twice.
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by raal View Post
we used to have 2 X 140's in a studio in LA. i'd heard those things for years on end so i'm quite familiar with the sound. i'd never heard a box that convincingly did the 140, but i walked up to Casey's booth the first time he showed the M7 @ AES, asked him to put up a plate... put on the phones, big smile and ordered one on the spot.
Try the M7 plate side by side with WELL tuned 140 and you dont want to hear the M7 plate never again. But other than that, M7 rules.
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telefunk View Post
Try the M7 plate side by side with WELL tuned 140 and you dont want to hear the M7 plate never again. But other than that, M7 rules.
I think that's a little harsh, certainly with a great stereo, solid state 140, you're going to use the 140..that kind of goes without saying doesn't it? But they are excellent to use in a mix and sound fantastic in their own right.

Anyway...we can discuss whether or not the Bricasti is great or not till the cows come home....

Shall we get back on track with the thread and offer up some settings/favourites for the OP to try?
Old 20th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Station View Post
...certainly with a great stereo, solid state 140, you're going to use the 140..that kind of goes without saying doesn't it? But they are excellent to use in a mix and sound fantastic in their own right.
All true.
Old 9th October 2011
Gear Head
I drove almost 800 km or 500 miles to buy my M7 v2 this weekend.
And it's sooooo worth it! What a magical box!

Thanks to all you slutz that pointed me in the right direction

Freddy
Old 10th October 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastfoldpicker View Post
I drove almost 800 km or 500 miles to buy my M7 v2 this weekend.
And it's sooooo worth it! What a magical box!

Thanks to all you slutz that pointed me in the right direction

Freddy
This reminds me that over 10 years ago, i drove down from Toronto to New York to buy a 2nd hand Oberheim OB8 w/midi......Young and reckless time....Still have the synth .... haha
Old 10th October 2011
AB3
Lives for gear

I love my M7. But I also love my UAD EMT250 and Lexicon PCM92. I even love my Lexicon LXP-1.

It all depends what sound you want.

Having said all that, I think the M7 is a MUST HAVE. The only thing I don't like about it, is that there are too many great sounds, and it is difficult to know which one is the absolute best. Of course, that should be the worse of problems.
Old 15th October 2011
bee
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darc View Post
I'm curious about the remote too... what makes it so special to cost that much?
Old 15th October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I'm curious about the remote too... what makes it so special to cost that much?
Probably when you get your hands on it heh
I'm still waiting for mine. It arrived at my dealer and is waiting for other gear. I'll get the whole package together. Can't wait
Old 17th October 2011
Lives for gear

You won't wonder why the remote costs what it does once you use it. It is nothing short of amazing and everything that a LARC from Lexicon isn't. The build quality is fantastic.

If there is one company that I wouldn't ever worry about getting your money's worth, it is Bricasti.

--Ben
Old 17th October 2011
Gear Addict

I just tried V2 at friend's place .
I don't know how to put it into words exactly
It's new reference reverb for me .
Once you get it you can delete ALL plugin reverbs you have.I
I'm very picky about reverbs ,for example i do not like TC reverbs ,
i do not like 960 l ,i like 224 and pcm 70 .
Convolution reverbs ,impulses ?
Not in the same league as this box .
And yeah that new nonlinear algo is amazing too
Old 17th October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by deft_bonz View Post
Probably when you get your hands on it heh
I'm still waiting for mine. It arrived at my dealer and is waiting for other gear. I'll get the whole package together. Can't wait
I will be curios to hear how long that takes

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Gearslutz.com
Old 17th October 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I think for all of you, it's more of a prestige to have Bricasti so you can brag to your friends. And 50% of guys bought it just because of hype by few guys on this forum.
Sometimes hype is justified. And buying the "real deal" to attract clients even though there may be cheaper alternatives out there is a great way to convey to the artist that your serious. Sometimes spending that extra 200% to get 20% more quality/performance is worth it to some of us.
Old 17th October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Necola View Post
I will be curios to hear how long that takes

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Gearslutz.com
Most of the stuff arrived already. Still waiting for the Alesis 3632

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search