The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Good 8 channel D/A only!
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Good 8 channel D/A only!

I wish Lynx or Mytek or someone would make a decent quality 8 channel D/A converter. I have 24 channels of Aurora which are amazing but I really don't need any more A/D I would love just 8 extra D/A so I can send some Plug FX out while mixing. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubehead View Post
I wish Lynx or Mytek or someone would make a decent quality 8 channel D/A converter. I have 24 channels of Aurora which are amazing but I really don't need any more A/D I would love just 8 extra D/A so I can send some Plug FX out while mixing. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Chris
Have you considered a Lavry Blue with 4 X M.DA824 2 channel D/A converters?
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Maniac

yeah that would be great but a little too pricey. I'm just looking for decent extra outs for plug in delays and such.
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

Just saw this on slutz classified.

Apogee I/O 896 8 Channel 96k AD and DA Converters (stand alone or Soundscape) - $650 Shipped
Old 18th September 2011
Old 18th September 2011
epp
Gear Nut

Cranesong hands down.
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

Mytek 8x96 DAC, still kinda pricey though (and only 96k if that's a problem) when have seen them for sale, so maybe still better off just trading in the Aurora 8 towards a 16.

Apogee Da16x, yes it's 16 out but if don't need 24 in you could sell the Aurora 8 and end up with 16in/32out.
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Thanks for the advice all. I'm probably just going to wait and get another Aurora 16 and sell the 8. I really wish lynx would just make an 8 channel D/A. Does anyone else think that would be amazingly handy?
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Does anyone else think that would be amazingly handy?
Handy? Yes. Cost effective? No. Which is probably why you won't see one anytime soon
Old 19th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Thanks for the advice all. I'm probably just going to wait and get another Aurora 16 and sell the 8. I really wish lynx would just make an 8 channel D/A. Does anyone else think that would be amazingly handy?
I had the same question a little while ago. Check out the D/A mods at blacklionaudio.com.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search