The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Massive Passive Cascading Channels? Multi-Ef­fects Plugins
Old 17th September 2011
Massive Passive Cascading Channels?

I've been using the MP awhile now and it obviously sounds great. Maybe it's sacriligeous or seems ludicrous but I'd really like more than 4 bands on vocals sometimes. Also the MP's bands are so interactive it might be cool to boost or cut a range without altering the other bands that I fought so hard to get to behave with each other. I liken the MP to that game at the arcade where the little groundhogs pop up and you smack them down with a puffy mallet. You nail one and another freakin groundhog always pops up somewhere else! I swear using this thing is like one of Dante's infernal tasks sometimes.

I'd like to cascade the two channels to create the even more massive 8 bander. Should I use the unbalanced out of the first channel and go unbalanced to the in of the second to get those extra 2 transformers out of the line? I'd have to move tons of stuff to get back to do the simple patch job, so I'm just curious if anyone has tried this or what they think. How do you think it will sound? Should I keep the input gains low?
Old 17th September 2011
Gear Addict

The solution is to just have them all on the patchbay.

Seriously, I hear it, but I don't think about it so much normally.

Experiment, and pick which works best for the particular chain.

Best,
Old 17th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsieur x View Post
The solution is to just have them all on the patchbay.

Seriously, I hear it, but I don't think about it so much normally.

Experiment, and pick which works best for the particular chain.

Best,
Their outputs are feeding a patchbay but are multed to both my board and A/D directly. I have a neat system of loose xlr males from my compressor rack and xlr females to my eqs rack. Basically it's easy for me to make my chains, but I don't ever eq (from hardware) on the way into the comps so it's not setup to easily do that. Basically I have $3000 in cables and that's without everything on the bays. I mean it's easy enough for me to jump back there and hop the cable. I was more just wondering about what the sound would be like, and if people could find reasons for me not to do it. Thanks for your input btw.
Old 17th September 2011
There is no reason as long as it sounds good.

Do that chaining from time to time with the kick. In one channel I boost in the other I cut the same frequency.

It's just a waste of EQ channels at the moment for me, as I don't have much EQs. So I have to records back the kick. That's kind of a hassle to me.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search