The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Symphony IO VSO Audio Interfaces
Old 16th September 2011
Here for the gear

Symphony IO VSO

Howdy,

Does anybody know how to vary speed in the new Symphony IO?

I want to slow a track down so that it is easier to sing and then speed it back up to normal tempo.

cheers

PS I[m using Logic 9 on the latest Mac Pro
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Might be easier to just do it in logic with a good timestretch plug..?
I don't know if the SIO can do what you want.
Old 16th September 2011
Gear Nut

I use varispeed in logic 9 all the time. I use an apogee duet 2 USB.. Is there something to do with the SIO clock that won't allow you to use varispeed? I am considering getting the SIO soon, but it would suck if I can't use this function with it.

Or do you not know the actual varispeed function in LP9? It's not in the default transport, you have to right click over one of the buttons on the right hand side of the transport (I usually right click the one that looks like a speedometer) and select customize transport bar.. Then make sure you check the varispeed function.. Then it will pop up in your transport bar and you can edit how it works> ie speed and pitch, pitch only, resulting tempo, semitones etc.
Old 16th September 2011
Here for the gear

You should be able to varispeed using the clock.... just like a tape machine....

Let;s say that you're in 48000Hz.... slow the tracking down to 46000 and then track at that speed.... pitch and speed of the track goes down,.... makes the track easier to sing to... once you're done then speed back up to the original speed... 48000.... makes it sound like you can sing higher than you can.

This is standard on any old tape machine.. feels like the art is lost a little in the digital realm.

It sounds amazing when you multi track a vocal at different speeds. The anatomy has to change for each different speed so that when you have them all playing together at the same speed... the pitch is the same but the fact that the sense of strain in the voice is different for each speed gives a final result that is different to just tracking 3 times at the same speed.

Really want to get this working on the SIO
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search