The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Thoughts on the Flea 49 & 47? Condenser Microphones
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Head

Thoughts on the Flea 49 & 47?

I've done a brief search and haven't found much.

Would love some insight on the above mics and how they sound in terms to well maintained originals. I'm predominantly in Melbourne, so not sure where I can hear these microphones? I own a pair of U67's and work with 49's and 47's on a regular basis. But can't justify the price tag of an original 49/47.
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

I have both the Flea 47 and 49, and hate to go on about them too much because I already have elsewhere. I tried quite a few of the clones before settling on these. I've gone past caring whether they sound like the real things, and find them to be eclipsing everything else in my mic collection. Why not contact Ivan and see about him sending you a 47 and see for yourself how it compares to what you're used to hearing. I believe they have a 2 week return policy, and shipping is not that expensive, considering the stakes.

I don't like to go too far down the road of recommending mics, because I'm not the expert that others are, but I know what I like and I'd say these are worth checking out for yourself.

Two 67's? Send me one?

-R
Old 15th September 2011
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

You will be impressed, to say the least, when you hear those 2 mics!
Even if you were looking/going for imitations, they have a quality of their own & stand out in a mix exceptionally well.
Definitely worth considering.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search