The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Getting bored with 2-1176 Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Getting bored with 2-1176

I think I would like to sell / trade my 2-1176.

Was thinking of trading it for a 6176... that way Id have a tube pre to add to my AMek DMCL and great River mp2nv...

thoughts?

s0nguy
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Addict

If you decide you do want to swap for a 6176 let me know, Ive got one and would be down with a trade.
Old 15th September 2011
member no 666

and here I read the first sentence and smiled... one of the little slutz was growing up before my very eyes... got a little misty there for a second until I read the second sentence and realized what a parallel move that would be.

If I were to be so bold... I would recommend "quality over quantity" and suggest you look very long and hard at an MC-77... as it does for real what the 2-1176 can't do [twice].

Best of luck with your search!!!

Peace
Old 17th September 2011
Diggin my dragon.
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletcher View Post
and here I read the first sentence and smiled... one of the little slutz was growing up before my very eyes... got a little misty there for a second until I read the second sentence and realized what a parallel move that would be.

If I were to be so bold... I would recommend "quality over quantity" and suggest you look very long and hard at an MC-77... as it does for real what the 2-1176 can't do [twice].

Peace
Great post.. hehe
Old 17th September 2011
Quote:

Peace
Fletcher, what's your opinion on the original 1178? i've used it only once and wasn't blown away. to be fair the owner said it needed work.
Old 22nd September 2011
nms
Lives for gear

Quote:
look very long and hard at an MC-77... as it does for real what the 2-1176 can't do [twice]
I'd go MoFet76 over an MC-77 hands down. Best 1176 currently in prod I think and the switchable transformers are sweet!

But really.. I read more than enough chatter about how UA's reissue 1176's just don't measure up.. and it had me thinking the 6176 I had on its way probably would just get flipped in favor of a Dragon. I have had them both for the past month and I think the 6176 will be the one that stays. It sounds great and I prefer having the combo box over 2 channels of 1176. It's wise to be careful about taking too much from GS chatter!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search