The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Neumann M49 with cable Modular Synthesizers
Old 13th September 2011
Here for the gear

Neumann M49 with cable

Hi guys

I'm just new @ gearslutz.com

Some years ago i cleaned up an attic of an electronic lab and i found a Neumann M49 with cable. I only didn't found the power supply and the box.

Now i want to sell this mic, but i have some questions about it.
Does anyone knows where is the best place to sell a microphone like this?

Because some parts weren't available anymore, the microphone isn't 100% original.

Anyone have an idea wich still can be the value from it?
I saw they sell parts of it already for more then 800€...
Does i sell it in parts, or in one piece?

Greetings

Bacana
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

post some detailed pictures and I'm sure the slutz here can help you get a ballpark of what it's worth
Old 13th September 2011
Here for the gear

I know many people would love to find a good M49, myself included. The value depends on the condition though, if it's not original, people may be skeptical about purchasing. How does the mic sound? can you borrow a power supply to test it? you can find power supplies for these and I'd recommend trying to find one, it will make it much more valuable. I would say the mic is worth at least a few thousand, unless it is got junk inside of it. Ebay works pretty well too, lots of people digging around for mics out there...
Old 14th September 2011
Here for the gear

Hi!

Thank you all for the replies, i will do my best to put some pictures of the mic this weekend for make the things more clear.

I'm located in Belgium by the way

Greets
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacana View Post
Hi guys

Because some parts weren't available anymore, the microphone isn't 100% original.
what was done, and who did it?
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi guys

I'm just new @ gearslutz.com

Some years ago i cleaned up an attic of an electronic lab and i found a Neumann M49 with cable. I only didn't found the power supply and the box.

Now i want to sell this mic, but i have some questions about it.
Does anyone knows where is the best place to sell a microphone like this?

Anyone have an idea wich still can be the value from it?
I saw they sell parts of it already for more then 800€...
Does i sell it in parts, or in one piece?

Greetings

Bacana
hmmmm....in case you are an engineer you should not sell this. its one of the most amazing mics ever built. in case you are not...you can ask for a ridiculous price. 10k and above. but if its not 100% this might be difficult. is it a fet mod? what has been changed? as i said, if you are a musician or engineer DO NOT SELL! you will regret it. trust me. there are not many of these mics and no one sells them normally (since they are that good). good luck.
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

Find a power supply to check it out with. If it works well, then buy a 3rd party power supply so you have a complete working mic. If you still want to sell it, it will be much easier and you'll get more money for it (even including the cost of the PS).

Scott
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Nut

i also think about selling my neumann m49, serviced by andreas grosser, with nearly all accessories and a indestructable case.
andreas made a modification from version b to version c, which is recommended.
condition of the mic is perfect.
location vienna,
if someone is interested, please send pm with an offer.

greets. sw
Attached Thumbnails
Neumann M49 with cable-p1090359.jpg  
Old 24th September 2011
Lives for gear

Has anyone suggested taking a look at flea-microphones yet? I have their M249 which I really like and their M49 is supposed to be a drop-in replica for a vintage one.. they could fetch you up with the parts you need.

Herwig
Old 24th September 2011
With all due respect to Dead Poet and others, the OP just joined and has only posted twice... both times to this thread about selling his microphone, wishing to determine its value.

I think he's determined to sell it.

As for the appraisal, I posed a question to one and all about starting a sub-forum for appraisals and evaluations called "Fair Market Value" and it was thrown into the "Moan Zone". So I guess there's the attitude about such an idea.

The guts of an M49 as he presents them, at E800 would be a good deal for both parties. It'll take a lot of time and cash to get a working microphone out of it, and it might only be good for parts.

Best regards,

Ward
Old 24th September 2011
P.S. If you're checking the thread, Bacana, I sent you an email. I'm interested in taking a closer look and working something out with you.
Old 28th September 2011
Here for the gear

---

Last edited by Bacana; 28th September 2011 at 11:46 PM.. Reason: Twice the same
Old 28th September 2011
Here for the gear

Hi guys, thanks a lot for the replies!
i'm sorry for the late repost, but i couldn't put the pictures online before.

Like you can see, we replaced the tube by a fet-configuration.
Because i can't use this micro i was thinking about selling it.
partly because i don't have the power supply, partly because i think this mic can make more people happy than when it stays all the time in a box.

I hope this pictures will give you some more information.
Will it be better to sell it in one part or in pieces to repear other M49s?

Offers are always welcome

Greetz,

Bacana
Attached Thumbnails
Neumann M49 with cable-m_dsc00216.jpg   Neumann M49 with cable-m_dsc00217.jpg   Neumann M49 with cable-m_dsc00218.jpg   Neumann M49 with cable-m_dsc00219.jpg   Neumann M49 with cable-m_dsc00220.jpg  

Neumann M49 with cable-m_dsc00221.jpg   Neumann M49 with cable-m_dsc00222.jpg   Neumann M49 with cable-m_dsc00223.jpg   Neumann M49 with cable-m_dsc00224.jpg   Neumann M49 with cable-m_dsc00225.jpg  

Old 28th September 2011
Lives for gear

200 euros ? Heh pm me I have
The cash ready! Sorry couldn't resist
Old 29th September 2011
Lives for gear

Its a shame it was modified. But 210€ firm

Matti ;-)
Old 29th September 2011
Lives for gear

Old 29th September 2011
Gear Addict

PM'd You
Old 30th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Like you can see, we replaced the tube by a fet-configuration.
Who replaced the tube with a FET? You no longer have an M49.

-R
Old 30th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Who replaced the tube with a FET? You no longer have an M49.

-R
afraid you are VERY wrong there,
The Decca recording company UK modified MANY of its M49 mics to lower the noise, and increase sensitivity. They sound BEAUTIFUL - I own one, serial 1259. I have NEVER in my life heard a mic with such extreme low end extension and it runs on regular 48V so setup is simple and quick..................
the mic in question, unfortunately, is not one of these
Old 30th September 2011
REX
Gear Maniac

You want to sell it DannyMac?
Old 30th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyMac View Post
afraid you are VERY wrong there,
The Decca recording company UK modified MANY of its M49 mics to lower the noise, and increase sensitivity. They sound BEAUTIFUL - I own one, serial 1259. I have NEVER in my life heard a mic with such extreme low end extension and it runs on regular 48V so setup is simple and quick..................
the mic in question, unfortunately, is not one of these
Thank you, I stand corrected.

-R
Old 30th September 2011
Lives for gear

But then what's all the big fuss about the AC701 tube?

-R
Old 30th September 2011
Quote:
---
PM sent.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search