The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Question! what are the items inside New DAKING FET3 Package?
Old 12th September 2011
Here for the gear

Question! what are the items inside New DAKING FET3 Package?

Hello
I've just got a new Daking FET 3.
I have a question about the items in package.
What items are included in the original package?
The gear itself and power cable and adaptor. are they all?
No printed manual or rack screws?
The reason why I am asking this is two of knobs were separated from the gear when it arrived.
of course that is not a big thing, I can fix them easily, but I feel something strange.
Please answer me, because I'm not installing the gear until getting the answer.
Thank you for reading
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Addict

Included in the package are the unit and the power supply with IEC cable.
Most printed manuals just get thrown away, so we don't include them. The manual is available on line here.
The knobs sometimes loosen in shipping. They have a simple set screw to tighten them. Rack screws are always sold separately.

So it doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about. Install and enjoy!
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddP View Post
Most printed manuals just get thrown away...
What? Seriously? You actually typed that without laughing? Come on... Thats a crock.

Manuals are no longer included usually because its cheaper to NOT print any and just have a PDF online.

If you are actually pulling the manuals out of the box and tossing them...

Sometimes you guys at Transaudio say the most ridiculous things!

And I, as well as every studio Ive ever been to, has filing cabinets that disagree...
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Maniac

I´m in favour of printed manuals. Forget about the bull**** of ecological issues, as we all now that´s just a fake argument from certain companies to reduce costs.

When I buy a product, I enjoy opening the box and be presented with all items I will expect for the money I´ve paid and the manuals is one of them.

I might want to grab it, sit on a chair close to the equipment and try things that may have missed at first glance. I might not want to have a notebook or a tablet, or even the main daw open just to read the user manual. Or I might, but the choice is mine. What´s wrong about that?

Some people want virtuality so bad, that one day they will be operating their SSL or Neve on a hologram and pretending they are listening to something.

Get a life!
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Guru

I like to have manual with gear I buy NEW. I prefer it from used pieces too, but I'll PDF those if I need to.
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Guru

I don't care about a manual. More junk to keep, sort, and lose. We're talking about a compressor here. Not a whole lot to talk about that couldn't be found in a 1-page spec sheet online.
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Manual smanual...download the PDF of the manual to your computer desktop, it's way more convenient to minimize your DAW window and open it up.

I have all my outboard gear manuals on my computer desktop and it's way quicker to access and stay organized.

And congrats kakipaki on your Daking purchase. I LOVE my Daking gear and will be ordering more Daking as soon as it is divorce-free possible to buy more gear.
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Cameron View Post
Manual smanual...download the PDF of the manual to your computer desktop, it's way more convenient to minimize your DAW window and open it up.

I have all my outboard gear manuals on my computer desktop and it's way quicker to access and stay organized.

And congrats kakipaki on your Daking purchase. I LOVE my Daking gear and will be ordering more Daking as soon as it is divorce-free possible to buy more gear.
Some of us use a tape deck or RADAR...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search