The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sebatron Axis/Thorax Channel Strips
Old 11th September 2011
Here for the gear

Sebatron Axis/Thorax

Just wondering what the word on the street is for the current Sebatron units. It seems the newer Axis pres are also now used in the Thorax channel strips. I'd like to find a good compliment to my Origins and Forssell pieces and would also like to have something that's good for use on mixes. The Thorax seems like a nice choice but I haven't used one and am curious about it. I started out looking at Thermionic, LaChapell, Requisite and Tubetech as well the older Sebatron units and came across these. I've looked but haven't found much info so has anyone had any experience with these units? If so, how do they compare?

Many Thanks,

B
Old 17th September 2011
Gear Nut

Apparently noone has tried these yet...
I love the VMP4000 though, I don't know if it compares to lachapell or thermionic, but it's a great design, sounds great, and it's very versatile ...(and it's cheap) .
Gain is a bit short (60db) on the vmp sometimes though (acoustic stuff with ribbon mics..) I'd love to try that new axis (gain quoted 68db)
I guess the sebs (vmp or axis) are going to sound very different from your forsells and millenias, so they would be a good complement in that sense.
Old 24th September 2011
Here for the gear

Thanks Niconic,

I've heard that the Axis is similar but a little more "invisible" than the VMP and as you stated provides more gain. I've heard too many good things about the VMP not to consider either model. While I really like Scott LaChapell's designs and the Thermionic gear just has that "must have" appeal to me, the Sebatron reputation and their price point certainly seem more than fair and gives me just cause to consider them. All these pieces should play well with the Forssell and Millennia and provide a little different flavor for tracking. Decisions, decisions....
Old 12th July 2016
Gear Addict
Any more comments on this unit?
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search