The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Your experience with MC2 amps ? Studio Monitors
Old 10th September 2011
Your experience with MC2 amps ?

Hey,

I'm using Westlake BSM-12 as mains in my studio powered by a pair of Crown 2400 amps in bi-amp setting with a pair of JL Audio F113 subs.

Although the system makes a great mixing reference i feel the Westlakes sounds a bit slow and not so very modern..

I'm looking for amps to replace the old Crowns that will be more transparent and much faster, i really like the way the new Quested mains, midfields and nearfields sounds with the MC2 amps

What's your impression on the MC2 amps ? have you ever A\B them against Crowns or Brystons ?

Thanks !
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

MC2 is everything your looking for! But I'm more of a Bryston Fan , also really for the $$ give the Adcom GFAs a try, on horn based systems they are wow!
Old 11th September 2011
Hey thanks ! I also live Brystons but never had a chance to AB them with MC2.. I agree about the Adcom, the smaller Adcom is my NS10 amp and I'm ver happy with it.

Any more MC2 feedbacks ?
Old 13th September 2011
Bump ?? (-:
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search