The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Avid Hd I/O Digital & Analogue??? Studio Headphones
Old 8th September 2011
Avid Hd I/O Digital & Analogue???

Hi,

Sorry for my ignorance here but i never got my head around the avid Digital and Analogue interfaces. What is the difference hence the digital interface is much cheaper. The digital interace still have AES and adat. Would really appreciate anyone to clarify this.

Thanks in advance / CHristian
Old 8th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by crille_mannen View Post
Hi,

Sorry for my ignorance here but i never got my head around the avid Digital and Analogue interfaces. What is the difference hence the digital interface is much cheaper. The digital interace still have AES and adat. Would really appreciate anyone to clarify this.

Thanks in advance / CHristian
The digital interface has no AD or DA conversion - it just provides a way to connect other converters to PT. Yes the digital interfaces still have adat/AES. they DON'T have the analogue part!

Look on the avid site, the spec is pretty clear...
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

They actually have three...the digital model has 16 channels of digital I/O in a variety of formats (ADAT, AES and TDIF), the analog model has 16 channels of analog I/O and no digital (aside from two channels of AES or S/PDIF, which all of the interfaces have...but that takes away two channels of analog) and the "regular" model has eight channels of each.
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear
And you can mix and match 8 ADDA analogue and 8 digital together.
Old 8th September 2011
Thanks!!!
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Head

Are you going to switch over to HD?

I'm SakenJag at studioforum btw..
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search