The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Studios with great drum rooms for rock music in or near Germany Channel Strip Plugins
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordward View Post
Wow! 301 is sweet! Just dropped them a mail.

I can't find any homepage for Tritonus, any chance of "pointing" me there?

Thanks for the suggestions!

DW
They don't need one. Legendary in Berlin.

TRITONUS TONSTUDIO GMBH in BERLIN Kreuzberg

Give them a call. Thomas & Gerd are supernice and knowledgeable.

ADT + SSL desks, analog tape, PT HD, and one of the most impressive mic-collections I've ever seen, including some Neumann prototypes that actually don't exist anywhere else.
The vibe is excellent.
It's not huge, though.
Old 7th September 2011
Quote:
Will do, just waiting for a quote...
Man, I don't know if I want to record there or take a vacation there
The place is huge! Why have I never heard of it???

DW
Yeah, it's pretty huge...4 very different but cool rooms (you probably want to be in the SSL room for drums, I have been twice!)...you actually wouldn't need any backline at all if you didn't want it, because they've got it all there! Everyone's super friendly (well - the cats aren't but I'm probably the only person who cares about that!), the food is great, nice rooms, swimming pool...yeah, can't complain really!

Oh...and if you need an extra pair of hands, I'm only a short eurostar away!
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Will do, just waiting for a quote...
Man, I don't know if I want to record there or take a vacation there
The place is huge! Why have I never heard of it???

DW
I have to say I'd not book them if they don't change the music on their webpage. tutt

I have to warn you about Nalepastraße in Berlin (Planetroc etc.)
I worked in that complex for many years.

I'd not go there unless budget is an issue. The rooms are very good, but everything else sucks bigtime. Toilets, catering, access to the city...
Old 7th September 2011
Gear Maniac

check out Studio Wong in Berlin / Kreuzberg. Large recording room, every room with daylight, Neve desk, great outboard, nice hang-out area and a skilled drum tech in the crew...

Studio Wong - Studio - Aufnahme 1
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono-Peter View Post
check out Studio Wong in Berlin / Kreuzberg. Large recording room, every room with daylight, Neve desk, great outboard, nice hang-out area and a skilled drum tech in the crew...

Studio Wong - Studio - Aufnahme 1
That's the one in Forsterstr., right?

Then you can just give the files to Olsen Involtini one level above for mixing.
Old 7th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmokrator View Post
I have to say I'd not book them if they don't change the music on their webpage. tutt
Yeah, that'd be kind of annoying...were the first song that plays not A - "Nothing", and a great sounding record at that for the style...
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

I'm appreciating the responses. This is very helpful indeed. I'm finally getting some responses in. I think in the following week we will have made a decision.

@kosmokrator:

I need a homepage. I have to discuss this with others scattered throughout Germany. Although eventually we will personally show up to have a look We still need a starting point and something to look at or else there's no way we could even consider it. I think it's kind of a shame that they don't have a homepage, be they legendary or not. Now it's not an option for us. If they don't need the business that badly then I'm happy for them. there are plenty that do, as I can now see.

Best,
DW
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
Yeah, that'd be kind of annoying...were the first song that plays not A - "Nothing", and a great sounding record at that for the style...
I found it to be quite amusing

DW
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
Yeah, it's pretty huge...4 very different but cool rooms (you probably want to be in the SSL room for drums, I have been twice!)...you actually wouldn't need any backline at all if you didn't want it, because they've got it all there! Everyone's super friendly (well - the cats aren't but I'm probably the only person who cares about that!), the food is great, nice rooms, swimming pool...yeah, can't complain really!

Oh...and if you need an extra pair of hands, I'm only a short eurostar away!
Yeah, that's what I'm looking...got no time for swimming. Besides, my swimming talents are equal to that of a rock.
Backline also looks sweet although we won't be needing it. Maybe to try out a snare or 2

Cheers,
DW
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Backline also looks sweet although we won't be needing it. Maybe to try out a snare or 2
Hahaha... Famous last words

R.
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Necola View Post
Basel city studios. contact breandon davey (in house engineer) and say hi from george. maybe the best rocksounds I have ever recorded (if you like large ). Basel is on the German border.. so... Not that much traveling.
Beat me to it.
Old 8th September 2011
Quote:
Yeah, that's what I'm looking...got no time for swimming. Besides, my swimming talents are equal to that of a rock.

Cheers,
DW
...or 17! I can't remember how many we had out for the last session, but we ended up using a core of 4-5, with I think 3 main kits...and about every amp and guitar in the place!

Including the one where you dip the whammy bar and the brake light comes on...I'd only seen it in a magazine before! Dog of a guitar, but fun!
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Head

Hey everybody,

since I have the exact same question....has anybody recorded in the HOFA (House of Audio) or in the Megaphone Studios?

I'm looking for a kick ass place to record "dirty" rock drums. Definately need an engineer, though. I don't have the skills. tutt

Wouldn't mind if this place would have a good desk and record to tape.....just for the "vibe", not necessarily a must. .

Dankeschön schonmal....

Alex.
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hai-fish View Post
Hey everybody,

since I have the exact same question....has anybody recorded in the HOFA (House of Audio) or in the Megaphone Studios?

I'm looking for a kick ass place to record "dirty" rock drums. Definately need an engineer, though. I don't have the skills. tutt

Wouldn't mind if this place would have a good desk and record to tape.....just for the "vibe", not necessarily a must. .

Dankeschön schonmal....

Alex.
This is funnny
I actually work part time at HOFA
So now your asking "why don't you record there?"
Well, as I had stated earlier - I live about 1 km away from HOFA and work there sometimes. I need to get away from my general area for this production... I need a clear head and no/little domestic problems to confront on a daily basis. Since I and the drummer are from this area we both agreed that it would be important to do this.

SO, back to HOFA. A great studio Great apartment too.
ADT MT5 Console in one control room, lot's of outboard preamps in the other, very large and high recording room. Tons of great gear. They still have the Studer A-800 24 track but it hasn't been on in years. Don't know if it's worth it to use it (it would definitely need to be setup). If you want just PM me and I can work it out for you.

Cheers,
DW
Old 21st September 2011
Lives for gear

So, it's confirmed. I'm recording at ICP studios in Brussels. Looking very forward to it!
DW
Old 21st September 2011
Gear Maniac

great, congrats. which room?
Old 21st September 2011
High End Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyspiller View Post
If you want massive Drum sounds and a different vibe and are prepared to come to the UK, try Trev at Circle Studios. Birmingham's not too expensive and the currys are great.....
+1 for Trev at CirleStudios, great sounding drum room, and a nice guy to boot.
Old 22nd September 2011
Quote:
So, it's confirmed. I'm recording at ICP studios in Brussels. Looking very forward to it!
DW
i'm sure you are! congratulations, have fun!
Old 22nd September 2011
Here for the gear

StudioBeat2 near Venice Italy > StudioBeat2 - Studio di Registrazione, Treviso
Old 23rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleo View Post
great, congrats. which room?
SSL. Haven't been on one for at least 5 years. Flashback time
Old 23rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Studios with great drum rooms for rock music in or near Germany

Found one? Near Germany...Netherlands ok? We do quite a lot of drum recordings and have built a good name in the Netherlands. Besides a great room we have an interesting mic/preamp collection. More info: www.legacystudio.nl
Old 23rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Studios with great drum rooms for rock music in or near Germany

Ah..missed the ICP-post...nevertheless, you're welcome to compare ;-)
Old 23rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Congrats on finding your studio.

I'm curious on your response rate in general - were you emailing all these studios or did you call them on the phone?
Old 23rd September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyspiller View Post
If you want massive Drum sounds and a different vibe and are prepared to come to the UK, try Trev at Circle Studios. Birmingham's not too expensive and the currys are great.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwagener View Post
+1 for Trev at CirleStudios, great sounding drum room, and a nice guy to boot.

Thanks guys! The cheques are in the post hehhehheh

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search