The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Hear Technologies Talkback Alternatives?
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

Hear Technologies Talkback Alternatives?

Is Hear Technologies gone?
Their website (domain name) www.heartechnologies.com seems to have expired.

Anyway, I was looking to purchase the 600mv talkback system with wireless talkback but have unfortunately found out that they've been discontinued.

Does anyone know of an alternative wireless talkback system?

I'm doing fine with the Avocet plus extra talkback through DSUB, but I thought having the 600mv plus wireless talkback switches would be a nice, elegant solution.

Can't seem to find anything comparable...
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

The Mytek system or the Masque system is a lot better, but costly. Used Hear and Aviom, didn't care for them compared to the system that Masque offers or the Mytek. Older Myteks had an external connector problem, would not take studio abuse (of course, none of the cheap ones like Hear stand up at all) but they fixed that issue. The Masque has/had an internal connector that comes loose and needs to be plugged back in... not such a big deal except that there are 20 or more screws to get into each station and a couple are under handles and require small right angled screwdrivers. That might have been addressed by now, too.
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

Wasn't talking about a cue system (I've got one). Rather a 2 channel (for stereo mix to cue system) talkback device with wireless remotes, like the 600mv.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Hmmm.
I guess there aren't any alternatives, judging by the lack of replies.
Is this an area of the market manufacturers are missing out on?
I would have thought yes but then I guess the 600mv must have been discontinued from lack of sales so maybe not...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search