The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Al.So Dynax on mix bus Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 31st August 2011
Gear Maniac

Al.So Dynax on mix bus

Very interesting this compressor for drums, bass and other. Are there analogs of this compressor to compare it's work with? This unit very transparent, clear how GML 8900.
Dynax good compressor for mixbus?

Dynax hybrid type compressor (opto+vca) or not?
Old 1st September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainTime View Post
Very interesting this compressor for drums, bass and other. Are there analogs of this compressor to compare it's work with? This unit very transparent, clear how GML 8900.
Dynax good compressor for mixbus?

Dynax hybrid type compressor (opto+vca) or not?
Dynax is great on the mix buss. I've used it both for mixing and mastering with great success. I bought mine originally to mangle drums and things, but the more I've gotten into it, the more I'm loving it for clean control of mixes. I like that my mixes stay big and clear even though I'm compressing.

Great box !!!

John
Old 1st September 2011
Gear Maniac

Old 11th December 2011
Gear Maniac

Please another comments!
Old 12th December 2011
Gear Maniac

Here is a taste of what it sounds like:
Liaison: Mixing - PUREMIX
Old 13th December 2011
Gear Maniac

Nice video)
Old 13th December 2011
Gear Nut

Hy, i own the dynax for 3 years now. I have it also moded by olivie bolling the manufactor himself. Now it can do also 4:1 8:1 and 12:1 Ratio. Normally you get 10:1 20:1 and kind of overcompression...

For my the dynax lifes on the mixbuss sometimes wen i make club music or hip hop cause this beast really pumps as hell. Nice to get cut a groove trough a track wich is 4/4 but if you have complicated rhythm patterns or you do singer/songwritter music you cant use it.

Its not sort of a gluey comp nor has it color. It stays really clean now madder how hard you get into comkpression... which is good if you need it.

For a glue, you need to look elsewhere, for lots of pumping groove kind of ducking the hole track, thats the right one.

And ooh one more thing. You better make your kicks a little dull cause the dynax always takes your kick drum and ads a nice needle to itbut if its already sharp its getting too sharp after the dynax

my 2 cents

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search