The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
My daw system setup need advice
Old 10th August 2011
Gear Nut

My daw system setup need advice

Mac Pro Desktop 12 Core Duo

Apogee Symphony System Avid HD PCIe Card, Avid HD Accel Card PT HD 2

PT HD 9 / LOGIC = daw's

Channel 1-

FishMan Acoustic Guitar Pre > Ch. Strip > Acoustic/Electric GTR

Channel 2-

Marcus Miller Bass Pre > Bass Guitar (should I add a channel strip?)

Channels 3/4

Great River MP-2NV Pre > Eureka Ch. Strips > AEA R84 (x2) > Vocals

Channels 5/6

Universal Audio 2-610S Pre > Alesis DM10 Drum Set (electronic takes two 1/4'' into the DI of the preamp)

Channels 7/8

Rocktron Prophesy II > Electric Guitar > Marshall Tube amp

Sennheiser e609 up to the grill of the amp, with an R84 mic 12 in. away from the grill at a 45 degree angle to the side. > to pick up electric guitar

problems - my amp is too noisy should I just use my rocktron and forget the amp?

do I need to add any EQ or Noise Gates or any other signal processors with this setup that would compliment it?

is there any point in getting the symphony 64 bit PCIe card even though I've got two Avid HD cards?

How do I get rid of back ground noise / feedback / humming all that crap. A good noise gate??

Will using two AEA R84's sound clearer than just one? or should I save my money and just keep one R84? Also have MA-200 mics (x2) not sure what to do about those. Frankly mic'ing my amp kinda sounds crappy I just use my breakout cable DB-25 connect it directly into my rocktron prophesy II processor add some reverb and that sounds almost better. I'm just not an expert at mic'ing drums and amps, etc.

BTW - Is the marcus miller bass pre any better than the SansAmp Bass Pre?

Thanks for reading I'd appreciate your comments

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search