The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Big Ben vs BLA Micro clock
Old 20th July 2011
Gear Nut

Big Ben vs BLA Micro clock

Anyone do a/b on these two? Am thinking of one or the other and am just looking for which one sounds best.
Old 20th July 2011
Gear Addict

Anyone knows where to find the popcorn emoticon?
Old 20th July 2011
Lives for gear

I have sat with both for a good chunk of time..the MC is good...the BB is better IMO...great distribution...well thought out...systems with BB as master tend to be stable...yes the price is at least half however, if you are looking at a master clock, you are going to need all the features on the Big Ben.
Old 21st July 2011
Gear Nut

I have a buddy's big ben over here now am really liking it quite a bit. Just curious about real world comparison on the sound of BLA. Do not mind spending the extra money if I have to.

Thanks for your help.
Old 21st July 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by music View Post
I have a buddy's big ben over here now am really liking it quite a bit. Just curious about real world comparison on the sound of BLA. Do not mind spending the extra money if I have to.

Thanks for your help.

I have found that when clocking externally with BB the upper mids are more detailed than with the BL...which I tend to prefer...although clocking externally with the BL felt nice to me...I just kept leaning towards the BB...also clocking live digital consoles with a BB was eyeopening...the BL didn;t have quite the same impact for me
Old 22nd July 2011
Gear Nut

Thanks that is exactly what I was looking for. I did some blind tests with the BB against my stock digi 192 and noticed the detail and width immediately. I then picked the BB every time in the blind tests to a one. A bit brighter sounding. I am also looking at the BLA sparrow red face which has the same components as the FM 192 from what the fellas at BLA said as well as the info on their website. Have you tried that unit out compared to the micro clock or the BB?

Thanks for your input.

Last edited by music; 22nd July 2011 at 05:56 AM.. Reason: better information
Old 22nd July 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by music View Post
Thanks that is exactly what I was looking for. I did some blind tests with the BB against my stock digi 192 and noticed the detail and width immediately. I then picked the BB every time in the blind tests to a one. A bit brighter sounding. I am also looking at the BLA sparrow red face which has the same components as the FM 192 from what the fellas at BLA said as well as the info on their website. Have you tried that unit out compared to the micro clock or the BB?

Thanks for your input.
haven't tried that nope...you should demo one and give us a review.
Old 23rd July 2011
Gear Nut

Now that is a good idea. Let me see if I can swing it. Still looking at the BB though. Hmmm....
Old 7th May 2017
Gear Addict

So I've been away for a couple years. Tell me, is GearSlutz still like this?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search