The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Bock 251 Bock 507 or Wunder CM7-help appreciated? Condenser Microphones
Old 27th December 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrobins View Post
Bump on an old thread. No CM7 experience (sorry)... but here's a recording I did with the Bock 507 through a BAE 1084 (no eq used on the way in) on a male vocal.

Neartown Church

Bock 507 sounds great.
Old 28th December 2013
Gear Nut

Hi Jay,

I think this is a hard question because very few have heard the 507 -- But I can assure you it is amazing. for me it blew away the CM7.. And I prefer it to the cleaner 251
Hard to go wrong -- but with the mice mentioned plus the Fleas-- 507 is worth the listen

(we just tested it again next to lots of nice vintage mics-- It always comes out on top)
Old 8th June 2018
Gear Head
I have to say that the guitar sound with that mic blew me away. I didn't care for the vocal as much, but I think that might have had as much to do with mic placement and the overall mix as anything.
Old 9th June 2018
Lives for gear

I own all three of these mics. I like what 507 does (the bright shimmery thing) better than the 251. The 251 is really proximity sensitive and can be very bright or dark depending on where the singer is. The 507 is more modern, detailed and more usable overall.

The CM7 stands on it's own and is still one of my favorites. It gets the most use of the three.

If I did more modern pop vocals, or had a second 507 for stereo overheads, they would get used more. The 507 is excellent on acoustic guitar.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search